Chapter 41: The Ceremony

Husk's Perspective
So today's the big day and honestly, I was getting cold feet. I don't know what the big deal is, it's not like this was my first time getting married. I suppose part of the reason I was so nervous was because Angel and I didn't sleep in the same bed last night and it had me feeling a bit disoriented. Angel believes that it's bad luck for the groom to see his bride before the ceremony so he decided to stay the night in the hotel room Cherri had checked out. I sat up and looked down at the empty space where Angel usually sleeps and let out a heavy sigh before closing my eyes.

'It's alright, Husk. You got this. You got this.' I say looking across the room and into the floor length mirror. I ultimately decide that it's best to get up out of bed and get a shower before getting dressed.

I climb out of the shower and get dressed into some nice black slacks, a white button up dress shirt, a red satin tie, a pink satin vest and finally a black tuxedo jacket to finish the look. I hear a knock at the door and my ear swivels over whilst looking over my shoulder. "Come in!" The door opens and I see Demetrius with the hotel keys along with Sir Pentious and Alastor walking into Angel and I's bedroom. "Hey Dad!

Just wanted to check in on you and see how you're doing. Are you nervous?" I let out a sigh as I look into the mirror and fix my tie, "a little bit but I'm hoping that the jitters in my stomach settle down when we get out there." Demetrius walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder,"it's normal to be nervous. Today's a big day!

Anyways everything's going to turn out fine." I smile and place a hand on his, "thanks, son." Demetrius grins a boyish grin before making an expression that indicates that I am forgetting something, "Dad, you almost forgot to put on your boutonnière." He leans over and grabs it off of the dresser, "may I?" I smiled at my son, "sure go ahead.

He smiles back and opens the pin to the boutonnière and pins it to the chest pocket of my tuxedo and closes the pin up as soon as he has it in place. As soon as he's done he leans in and gives me a hug, "I'm so happy for you, Dad. Angel's so lucky to have you." I give him a hug back and smile, "thanks, kiddo." Alastor comes up to me, "shall we get going, Husker my friend?"

I smile, "Sure let's blow this popsicle stand!" We leave the bedroom and close the door behind us. Angel and I decided that we wanted to have the ceremony outside in the garden behind the hotel so we head downstairs and out the back doors. We already had everything set up from the day before when we did the rehearsal so all we had to do was to get in our designated positions. Demetrius is my best man so he along with Sir Pentious, Carlton and Alastor were waiting in the chairs that had been set up for everyone that was invited to the wedding.

Angel didn't want to do anything too big but everything looked beautiful all the same. Blitzo, Stolas, Loona, Octavia, Moxie, Millie, Asmodeus, and Fizz were all sitting down on one side and Evelyn, Molly, Abigail, Roger, Arackniss, Rosie, Gracie, and Dr. Frankenstein were all sitting on the opposite side. Standing underneath the wedding arch we had set up, the ordained minister was getting the unity candles set up. I stood in front of him with my hands crossed out in front of me and waited anxiously for the moment that the music would start playing and my bride would be walking down the aisle we had laid out with a white cloth runner.

Angel's Perspective

Minutes earlier...

"Oh my gosh!!! I'm fucking getting married today you guys!" "I know right!" Cherri exclaims clasping her hands together! "How are you feeling, honey?"

My mom asks walking over to me. I turned to my mom while Carlton gets everything set up to do my hair and Molly gets her makeup supplies ready. "Mama, I'm so nervous I can hardly breathe!" Jessie walks over and hands my mother a paper Japanese fan. She takes it from her and I turn back around in my chair to face the vanity that had been set up the night before in the room Cherri and I were staying the night in. Carlton places the wing cap over my head before then placing the bleach blonde wing on top of my head and began curling it with a curling iron. Molly takes some moisturizer and rubs it into my face before then applying some primer.

My mom stands off to the side and opens the paper fan and fans me with it, "just remember to take deep breaths in and out, Caro. It's perfectly normal to be nervous on your wedding day. Hell, on my wedding day, I barely had the time to get myself ready because I kept running back and forth to the bathroom constantly." My mom frowns, "I had diverticulitis that day so it was a bit of a nightmare. Luckily I had my mom, sisters and aunts to help me get through it."

I do as my mom instructed and tried to focus more on my breathing. Within a few minutes, Molly had my makeup done and Carlton had my wig looking so fantastic, you'd almost believe it was my actual hair if I weren't in my demonic form. Cherri walks over to me with my beautiful wedding dress. Since I was able to purchase the dress at a decent price, I was able to customize it by adding a red satin and lace sash belt that was accentuated with a fabric white rose. It also was decorated in multiple little rhinestones to give it a little extra sparkle.

I step into my dress and then Cherri zips up the back before buttoning up the button at the base of my neck. She then takes the red sash belt and ties it around my waist and into a bow. I then step into my high heels. "There! You're almost done!!"

Jessie exclaims before placing my bridal crown on top of my head. "Oh, and one more finishing touch before we head out, "my mom exclaims taking an antique jewelry box and opening it up to reveal a heart shaped locket with my family's crest engraved on the outside of it. "This is our family heirloom and then she unclasps the necklace and places it around my neck. I give my mother a tight hug, "thanks a ton, mom!" I exclaim giving her a tight hug.

My dad walks in and his eyes widened with surprise, "oh, Anthony, you look just as beautiful as your mother." I smile and give him a hug, "thanks papa." After that I reach over and grab my bouquet of roses and we all head out of Cherri's room and make our way downstairs.

Author's note:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that it will take some extra time for me to put out the next two chapters because all the artwork I have in this book with the exception of the images of heaven are my own original artwork. Since I do this all by hand on procreate, it will take a bit of time for me to finish. Lots of pictures coming soon in the next couple of chapters. Thank you so much for your understanding and I'll see you in the comment section!