Dossier: Sarah Anders

Shiala and the Turian slowly made their way back to the ship as she leaned on him for assistance. The airlock to the frigate hissed open, revealing the familiar interior of the vessel. Valius guided Shiala inside, his arm still wrapped securely around her waist as he helped her navigate the narrow corridors.

The pair walked through the main hold towards the elevator, where Valius would show Shiala her new lodgings.

As the elevator doors slid open, Valius gently ushered Shiala inside, his hand resting lightly on the small of her back. The asari leaned heavily against the wall, her eyes closing as the exhaustion of the day's events finally caught up with her.

"Your quarters are on the crew deck," Valius explained, his voice soft and soothing. "I'll help you get settled in."

Shiala nodded, a faint smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Thank you, Commander," she murmured. "For everything."

The Turian's mandibles flared in a gentle smile as the elevator began its descent. Unsure of the praise, he shuffled out a, "You're welcome, Shiala."

When the doors opened once more, Valius led Shiala down the corridor, past the mess hall and towards the crew quarters. The door to her new room slid open with a soft hiss, revealing a small but comfortable space. A single bed was nestled against the far wall, with a desk and chair tucked into the corner.

Valius helped Shiala to the bed, easing her down onto the soft mattress. The Asari sighed in relief as she sank into the cushions, her body melting into the comfort of the bed.

"Rest now," Valius said gently, pulling a blanket over Shiala's exhausted form. "I'll need you once we reach our next destination."

Shiala nodded, her eyes already drifting closed as the events of the day caught up with her. "Of course, Commander," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

The Turian left Shiala's room and made his way back towards the elevator. While waiting for the lift, he looked down at his hands, uncertain of what type of damage he could really do with these new implants. He had recovered quickly from that last fight, which would have killed him were it not for these cybernetics.

The lift hummed softly as it ascended, carrying Valius towards his cabin. He knew he needed to report to the Council to fill them in on what had transpired on Feros.

As the lift doors slid open, Valius stepped into his cabin. With a heavy sigh, He settled into the chair at his desk, his gaze drawn to the blinking light of the comm panel. He knew he couldn't leave the report to the Council any longer, no matter how much he dreaded the conversation. With a tap of his finger, the screen flickered to life, revealing the stern faces of the two Councilors.

"Commander Valius," the Asari Councilor greeted, her voice calm and measured. "We have been awaiting your report. What happened on Feros?"

Valius took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts before responding. "Shiala has joined aboard my crew, and the Thorian, which was reported as killed by Commander Shepard, is now gone."

The Turian Councilor's mandibles twitched, a flicker of surprise crossing his face. "Thorian? That is troubling news. And you're certain the creature is truly dead this time?"

Valius nodded solemnly. "Yes, ma'am. Shiala's efforts broke the Thorian's remaining control, but the experience left her weakened. She's resting now."

The Asari Councilor leaned forward, her eyes narrowing. "And the Thorian? How can you be sure it won't resurface again?"

"I witnessed its destruction myself, ma'am," Valius replied, his voice steady despite the weight of the memory. "Shiala and I confronted the creature in the ruins beneath the colony. Shiala was able to sever its connection, and together, we destroyed what remained of its physical form through a ritual she performed."