five. need of a drink

*sexual assault is mentioned??*

"YEAH, LETS PARK a good working car in the middle of the road," Maisie says sarcastically, slamming the car door when she gets out.

"Hopefully we go in and out." Rick glanced at Maisie before pulling his gun out and walking towards the bar.

Maisie left Reaper with Daryl, she didn't want to bring him just in case trouble came. She didn't want Reaper to get hurt and not be able to recover. Daryl seemed to want Reaper to stay, too.

The bar door slammed to the side as Maisie pulled Glenn to be in front of her instead of behind. Just in case something happened and she didn't like when people walked behind her, it made her uncomfortable in a way.

When Maisie closed the bar door, she looked up and saw Hershel just sitting down with a half-full glass in front of him. Maisie felt horrible, how could she let Shane do that? She wishes she could've done more to stop him.

"Hershel," Rick calls.

"Whose with you?" The man asks as Maisie starts to walk towards him slowly. Beth was in a state of shock, she needed him badly.

"Glenn, Maisie." Rick names them one by one, coming up from beside Maisie to in front of her.

"Best for last, I guess," Maisie mumbled to Rick causing the man to smirk and look back to Hershel.

"Maggie sent Glenn?"

"He volunteered. He's good like that."

Hershel slightly turned his head to the group of adults, Maisie looked at Rick who nodded at her so they started walking over to him. There was a seat beside him so Maisie dusted it off with her hand before taking a seat.

"How many have you had?" Rick questions, looking at Hershel's drink which is now almost gone.

"Not enough." Hershel sighs causing Rick to look back at Glenn. Maisie pushed her eyebrows together before grabbing Hershel's hand.

"Daddy, we have to get you home. Beth collapsed, she's in a state of shock and she needs you." Maisie spoke softly towards the man as he turned his head to her, he looked sad. Maybe even disappointed.

"Maggie's with her?" He asks, looking back down at his drink.

"She needs you. That's all that's important." She states, taking the drink out of the man's hand and placing it away from his reach. Hershel wasn't a bad drunk, but she needed him to be sober when they got him home.

"What could I do? She needs her mother." Maisie shook her head at Hershel's words. He needed to understand that she was already dead, "Or rather to mourn like she should've done weeks ago. I robbed her of that. I see that now." Maybe he was starting to understand.

Hershel grabbed another glass and started to pour the liquid inside causing Maisie to roll her eyes while Rick spoke, "You thought there was a cure. Can't blame yourself for holding out for hope."

"Hope? When I first saw you running across my field with your boy in your arms, I had little hope he would survive." Hershel explained with a nod of his head at the end of his sentence. Maisie looked back at Glenn who had a saddened look on his face before she looked back to Hershel.