Chapter 36 The White Knight's Resolve! Ophelia's Final Wish

"I am a doctor!" Hiiro snapped at Masamune angrily while stepping backward. "Taking human lives... is something I cannot do!" He can't stand the thought of killing a human being.

"Naturally... I did not expect that much from you." Masamune retorted back at his refusal to end Emu and Ophelia. "But what about Perfect Knockout and Moon Knight?" He suggested.

"Parado? Ophelia?" He can tolerate eliminating Parado because he's a Bugster but Ophelia? Hiiro couldn't stand at the thought of killing her in his hand.

"If you eliminate him, Ex-Aid will be cured of Game Syndrome... and he will no longer be compatible with the Gamer Driver... which means... he will no longer be able to transform into a Kamen Rider. The Moon Knight, on the other hand...must be eliminated at all costs because that girl is a threat and destroys my plan!"

Hiiro stared at Masamune in shock while he absorbed Saki's data in his Driver. "Saki!" The genius surgeon called out her name worriedly before grabbing his collar. "Hey! What are you doing!?"

"It's judgment time." Masamune answered in a calm tone. "Which... will you choose!?" He slaps his face. "Your first girlfriend's fate? Or Ex-Aid and Moon Knight's fate?" The founder of GENM walked away leaving Hiiro.

————————————————————

Luna jumped in surprised at the glass shattered on the floor. She kneeled and saw the picture frame of Ophelia in her graduation high school toga with a huge smile. "It dropped out for no reason." The female android muttered and brushed off the broken glass.

"Is everything okay, Luna?" She turned around to face Haruto. "I heard shattered in the living room."

Haruto planned to give Ophelia a surprise visit and asked about her well-being. He's worried she's not been her usual self for the past few days. She keeps herself busy with work and fighting against the Bugster. The wizard knew she had ended the relationship because of Hiiro's happiness and returned his smile. It causes Ophelia to suffer heartache and mask her true feelings. Ophelia isn't at home today but at work instead leaving Luna home.

"The picture fell out of nowhere and—" Luna saw another picture behind it. "What's this?" She muttered and swapped it to reveal Taiga carrying Ophelia in a piggyback with their smiles. "Eh? Taiga and Ophelia-sama?" The female android didn't know they were close.

Haruto stared at the picture and knew Taiga. "They used to be friends before." He remembered taking them a picture before when Taiga took her to the park.

"Before? How come Ophelia-sama didn't say a word about it?" She asked the wizard.

He smiles sadly. "After she healed half of the population, Ophelia had amnesia and forgot about his existence. I swore to Taiga not to reveal anything about him to her." Haruto remembered Taiga barging in to check Ophelia's condition. She couldn't recognize him and left Taiga hurt while blaming himself for her gaining amnesia.

It's been five years Ophelia couldn't remember the time she used to spend time together with Taiga. Despite their reunion, she never shows any sign of memories from him. Taiga prefers to be this way because it's his fault for forcing Ophelia to heal and lose memories. He didn't know she was born with powers and reborn yet forcing herself to expose and try to save them.

"That explains why Taiga has a soft spot for Ophelia because they are—"

"Friends." He smiles sadly and caresses the picture. "If not more... if you could see them interact back then. Luna, I can only be involved when the world is in grave danger but— look after my Muse for me? I feel uneasy and fear her life may be in danger."