Chapter 1

August 1

7:30am

-kyzeir apartment

~aaliyah wake yo ass up before we late for school, kyzeir says while watching Aaliyah start to get up.

Now why is yelling at 7 in the morning nigga. It to early for all that man, Aaliyah says while getting out the bed and walking into the bathroom to do her morning routine.

Come on man yo ass wanna take 5 years to get ready knowing we gotta be at school. Ky says while standing in the doorway of the bathroom lookin liyah dead in her face.

Aaliyah and Kyzeir have been together for 4 years now. They met in middle school and had gotten close after ky bumped into her in the lunchroom.

Bro I swear to God liyah if you don't hurry your ass up im going to leave you. Looking at the time its 8:25 and school starts t 9.

It's the first day of senior year bae I have to look good, liyah says while unplugging all the hair tools she used to fix her hair. After unplugging everything she went into her drawer that ky gave her since she never wanna leave, and picked out the cutest outfits.

After getting dressed I grabbed my bag and headed for the door.

Ky can you come on since you want to rush me and shit, she says watching ky roll a wood.

Aii im coming just go to the car, im right behind you.

I made it to ky 2024 kia optima and got in the passenger seat. I took my shoes off because my feet was hurting in these Balenciaga. While I waited on ky to come to the car I checked my phone and seen that bestie bae had texted me asking where I was.

After explaining where I was she gave me the thumbs up emoji. Finally liyah says as ky get into the car and start it up.

Liyah stop touching shit bro leave my radio alone ky says smacking my hand down from the radio switch.

Ky car was all black with red seats and 5% tints all the way around. As we pulled out the apartment complex I asked can we stop and get food and of course he said no.

We already finna be late why cant we stop and get something to eat bae liyah says. You the one who wanted to sleep in that not my fault ky says while sparking his wood.

Stop looking at me lil girl its weird, ky says while passing me the wood. I cant help it you just so fine I say before taking a pull of the wood and inhaling all the smoke.

About five minutes later we arrive at the school. We sat in the car finishing the wood before getting out and spraying ourselves down.

Once we get into the school we head straight to the café to find the group. Once in the café I called nini to see where she was and she answered.

~hello

~yeah where yall at we in the café

~come to the end of the café youll see us

~ok liyah says while spotting their friend group and hangs up

BESTIEEEEEE i said while running up to nini hugging her. I haven't seen her all summer since she was with her family in Texas. Im so glad this is our senior year liyah says cheesing. After saying hello to everyone else it was time to go to class.

While walking to class I look over at ky and the look on his face worried me. Ky's family just went through a traumatic experience after his little sister mya who was only 6 was shot and killed in a shootout. She was walking home from school when the shots went off she tried to run but it was late the bullet had already hit her.