Chapter 15 - Kisses + Family Time

Megan POV

I was wrapping my filming for the interludes of my upcoming tour. I changed out of my last outfit and got into my hoodie and sweats. I was going through the photos with my team when I heard someone in the back whisper.

"I told you bey would get back with Shawn. It's pathetic as hell she's way too pretty for him. He must be packing. She's still such a loser." I could feel myself starting to get heated. If these botches don't stop they're gonna see a side of me I haven't let out in a minute.

I turned around and said, "Y'all need to think twice about disrespecting Beyoncé like that, especially around me."

"I'm so sorry.  We know she's your..." the blonde girl looked at her co-worker before continuing "friend but we were just talking about the pictures that just leaked of Beyoncé and Jay-Z"

"Cut that shit out I'm so serious," I said as I made my way to an isolated corner of the studio.

I opened my phone and googled what pictures they were talking about. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I zoomed in on the picture and I could feel my stomach curl in disgust.

I didn't want to be angry. Maybe I should have known that I was just a rebound or a distraction. I really do like Beyoncé but I refused to allow myself to be played like this. What if they do actually end up together? What if they're each other's person and I'm getting in the way of that? Will I still see the kids? Should I even still see them after this? I had to take a deep breath to contain myself. Beyoncé isn't the only one with anxiety and I need to stop before my downward spiral continues.

My phone buzzed and I saw her text.

B: Megan, we need to talk I swear this ain't what it looks like

M: Ok, I'll be off in a bit. I'll see u in 45 min @ ur place

I usually text Beyoncé with emojis and I know she'll notice how upset I am. I've been working so much on being more transparent about how I feel. I used to be very hard to read - I'd tell people things were okay and just end up ghosting or leaving.

I even told the kids that we have to be honest about how we feel but we also have to be mindful about how we say things. Mama didn't raise me to be a hypocrite, especially with things that actually matter. I sighed and opened my message thread with Beyoncé.

"Im very upset and hurt by what I saw but I'm willing to hear u out. I'll see u in a bit"

———

Beyoncé POV

I started to feel even more nauseous from Megan's texts. Thoughts of her leaving were making me want to cry. I understand why she's upset. It really did look like Shawn and I were getting back together. That shit was further from the truth. I know he has something to do with it being leaked so fast. I can't even go online right now without some random person calling me stupid and I get it. Shawn was horrible to me and continued to show he had no remorse for my feelings. Megan will think you're a whore — my inner voice kept telling me.

The driver pulled up and I said my thanks before I arrived back home. I saw Megan pull up in her Tesla. She just finished her shoot and she looked delectable as always. I got out of the car and waved at her. Her face was void of her typical warm smile and I felt even more uneasy. She made her way towards me, and we walked silently to the house.

I was tempted to grab her hand and hold it. I know I should wait until I explain what happened so I refrained from doing so. Her touch has always been soothing and the thought of me losing that is stressing me the fuck out.

As soon as we stepped in, Megan said "I'm listening. What the fuck happened, Beyoncé?"

I can tell she was upset and her voice cracked ever so slightly. She rarely calls me by my government. I got so used to being called 'baby and Bey'.