six

After a succesfull morning session and debrief, in which Lando tried different compounds and set ups, we all are so tired. In terms of work, testing is when we have the most, because we've got to prove that the car is in fact good. Later in the season we can bring upgrades but nothing major, if you have a good base as it looks we have.

I am heading on to lunch when I see someone standing outside the hospitality.

"Oh Hey Logan"

"Hey, I was wondering if you had seen Oscar we were going to eat together today..."

"Oh yeah, I will get him for you. And also, I am sorry about yesterday, I was in a hurry to get to the garage before it closed but when I turned around to apologize you weren't there and I really don't want you to think I am rude or anything, because I normally aren't but-"

"Hey, don't worry about it! I just wanted to introduce myself before you left." I blush when he interrumpts my rambling. "So... I'm Logan, nice to meet you"

"Oh Sorry, I'm Indiana but most people call me Indi, and is nice to meet you in better circumstances" I laugh and he smiles "Ok, I will go get Oscar. See you!"

"See you later, Indi!"

Just as I am about to enter the door opens and Oscar comes out. "Hey, I was just about to get you, Logan is waiting over there" I point him in the right direction.

"Thanks Indi, see you on afternoon debriefing"

I wave and head on to get lunch because I am starving!

✫☼☾☁☾☼✫

The afternoon session was centered on race simulation, so not really the most aerodynamic heavy session but more to see how the tires degrade in each setup. We have our normal after session debriefing before we get going into the cars, since we finished a little early most of us are opting to get dinner at the hotel, so that we can shower and get to bed earlier. I personally want to chat with my parents. As soon as I leave the garage I send them a message.

Thats when I see someone crouching near some bushes. I am a curious gal so I approach them.

"Hey, sorry to bother but do you need help with something?" 

"Oh Hi, actually yes. Have you by any chance seen a pink pen around here? I just lost my lucky pen, again!"

"You know what I think I saw one of my peers taking it to lost and found over at the F1 hospitality, let's go!" I help her up.

"Thank you so much! I'm Lissie, by the way" I laugh and shake her hand.

"Yeah I know, I've seen your tiktoks. I'm Indi, nice to meet you!"

"Right I sometimes forget about that fact" she laughs while we continue walking towards lost and found. "So what do you do here on the paddock? I am guessing by the shirt that you work for Mclaren" 

"Yeah, I'm a junior aerodynamic engineer, started just this year actually" 

"OMG, that is so cool! We should totally do an episode for my podcast! You know, about your journey and your expectations."

"That sounds fun! We totally should, here I will give you my number so we can keep in contact"

"That would be great, here" She gives me her phone and while she steps up to ask for her pen I write down my contact info.

"Can't believe they have it, thank you for your help Indi!" We continue chatting and getting to know each other while we head out of the paddock. 

"Bye, it was really nice meeting you!" I give her a hug and we start parting ways.