five

Today we get to go into the paddock for the first time this year. It is kind of a relaxed day because we only go in to set up some stuff and make sure we have everything ready for tomorrow. The drivers have to do some media stuff for the formula 1 account and channel, so we are currently all having breakfast at the hotel.

If there is one thing you have to know about me is that I love a good breakfast so when I see the spread from which we can choose from, it is safe to say I chose one of everything. As long as it looks appetizing and kind of healthy, its going into my plate.

Once we finish breakfast we all head into the lobby to get into the team vans. Today we are all going with a somewhat more subtle team shirt, its gray and has the mclaren logo on pocket. Meanwhile tomorrow we are going full papaya.

Once we arrive at the circuit we get to work, turning our computers on, checking that all the softwares are working well, and such.

After that there is not much we can do until the car is fully assembled, so we head to the mclaren hospitality to get lunch.

Lando and Oscar are sitting outside so I grab my tray and sit with them.

"Hey guys! How did media go?"

"Hey Dee, it was good, not hell just yet. Lots of photos for promos and a lot of photographers are already roaming the paddock so gotta keep appearences the whole time." Lando sulks and quicly straitens back up.

"Yeah same. I am glad I got to F1 and everything but the media part is kind of overdone."

"Well, you got to think about it from the other side, fans have been waiting for months for the season to start up again so the crews are just trying to get content out now that they can. At least, I know I was excited when photos of the paddock started back up again"

"Yeah, never really thought about that. We all were kids watching at one point so it makes sense" Lando agrees and seems a little more relaxed now.

Oscar starts waiving to someone and stands up.

"Hey, I am going to say hi to a friend, be right back."

"Ok, no worries!" Soon Lando shows me a funny tiktok and we get to talking and laughing together.

Logan POV

I see Oscar seating with Lando and a girl, and once he notices me he starts waving and coming over.

"Hey mate, long time no see!" He gives me a hug and we start walking the lenght of the paddock.

"Hey, yeah. I just got out of doing my promo photos with the team. Crazy to think we are both rookies this year, huh?"

"Yeah it really is."

"So how is Mclaren treating you?"

"Honestly, they are great. I get along really well with Lando and my team so I am really happy"

"Oh yeah I saw you having lunch with Lando on my way to media, so I assume that was his girlfriend, right?" I ask about the girl that joined them later on.

"What? Noo, that's Indi, one of our engineers, she's also new so Lando kind of forced her to be our friend" he laughs and I awkwardly laugh too. 

"Oh god, I thought surely she had to be his girlfriend since she looked so young. But wow, already an engineer at F1."

"Yeah, she is. So how is Williams treating YOU?"

"Great! They are a really tight knit team, a shame they don't always have the car but at least the environment is nice and all."