Chapter 14: Agitation

Third POV:

Their journey continued through the canyons and on top of the giant statue that was rooming the forgotten shore in his eternal patrol.

Days had passed by now since they left the Marble Arch which was their resting spot after escaping the harrowing catacombs and leaving the Dark City.

The cohort had definitely seen better days, especially after surviving the terrifying events that occurred on top of the giant statue.

They had survived a day-long clash with the swarming Flesh Reavers but soon got entangled in the middle of a battle between two tribes of nightmare creatures.

The cohort fought with everything they had and miraculously survived the clash, only to brace the storm and be welcomed by the Dark Sea and the dwellers of its depth. Luckily the Giant statue had taken care of the most horrifying one of them but Sunny still had to chase away the other Jelly-like invader that wanted to claim the lives of his cohort.

For Sunny, Those battles weren't completely fruitless. It at least put a few things into perspective regarding his memories.

Firstly: Sunny was able to maintain the Memories that were still 'Linked' to his Soul before the regression.

Like most of his memories.

Secondly: The Memories that Sunny possessed during the period of his stay in the cathedral but later lost, were 'relinked' to his Soul.

Like the Prowling Thorn and Eye. It was as if Sunny from the previous Round inherited some of the memories that were possessed by the Sunny of the Current round, which Sunny from the previous round had either lost, given, or sacrificed. Additional to his own.

Thirdly: The memories that he still hasn't gained at this point in the previous round, still required his efforts to be required by him again.

Like the Blood Arrow that he gained from the Blood Sucking creature in the catacombs, which he gave to Kai a few days ago. He also gained The Blood Blossom from killing the Blood Flower Hosts. Which He was supposed to give Belle in the Antarctica campaign later on.

Lastly: Sunny realized that he wouldn't be able to acquire the same memory twice if he already had it.

Like the Dark Wing.

That was mostly an assumption of his, Since No matter how many numbers from the Flesh Reavers Sunny killed, he couldn't obtain the Dark Wing again which he was already in possession of.

But that was most likely the case.

His luck was already below the bottom line when it came to his journey throughout the dream realm, and his luck with memories and echoes wasn't any better of course.

'There is No way for the Spell to show me that kind of kindness.'

Sunny inwardly threw a fit of curses but eventually shook his head and looked ahead with a sigh.

By the middle of their second day of traveling through the Labyrinth atop the ancient colossus, an ominous dark line appeared on the horizon. With every minute, it slowly grew closer. Pretty soon, Sunny was able to tell that they were headed toward a vast mountain chain.

The mountains seemed to serve as a border between the Forgotten Shore and the rest of the Dream Realm. They were tall and jagged, piercing the skies like the fangs of a giant dragon. Their distant peaks were covered in pristine white snow and wrapped in a veil of mist that streamed into the ravines and onto the ridges below.

This was the place where the first lord of the Castle had disappeared all those years ago, as well as the goal of their own perilous journey.

The Hollow Mountains.