Chapter 21: Bunker

A/N: This might be the first time someone writes about Shadow Slave from First Person Point of View. And Since we are 20 Chapters deep I decided that this Journey of Sunny would be completely from His POV until he Returns to The Dark City.

Enjoy.

____________________________

Sunless's POV

It didn't take me long to reach the northern side of the wall of the Dark City. Thanks to my Shadows I have managed to reach the top relatively quickly.

Looking back I could see an expansive city lay in ruins. The beautiful stone buildings were broken and shattered, many of them turned into mere piles of rubble.

With a Sigh I turned my head toward the nearby watchtower and made my way toward it. Thankfully it wasn't a nest for some unknown horrors.

The structure was round in shape, rising above the main embankment by a good dozen meters. There was a wide wooden gate leading inside the tower, which was broken a long time ago, with only a few splinters remaining on the ancient iron hinges.

Behind the doorway, there was nothing but darkness. Sending my Shadow forward, I felt a familiar Shadow of an unexpected individual from within.

"Neph? What are you doing here?"

Noticing my presence Neph opened her eyes and stood up from her meditating position.

"I figured you would be heading toward the last statue to the north. So I thought I could offer a little help."

Her Grey eyes were serene and collected.

I could feel My expression hardening.

Nephis wasn't supposed to leave the cohort by themselves and venture out alone like this.

"What about the others?"

I asked. Although my expression conveyed that I wasn't pleased with the situation Nephis simply shrugged it off.

"They are gathered in one of the ancient buildings of the Dark City, a good distance away from the bright Castle."

With that, she walked forward and stood quietly before me.

"What about Gunlaug? What if he finds them before we return?"

A spike of irritation seeped into my voice. Nephis didn't say anything for a while and then answered.

"If Gunlaug had to look for someone it would've been me. So staying with them would only bring them harm."

A hopeless sigh escaped my lips, with the look on her face one could tell that she was determined to go, and no one could change Neph's mind if she decided to do something. There were a lot of things I had to consider if I were to go with her. So many things might change and so many variables could arise, and the risk of her losing her life would also increase.

I have experienced this myself after all, how dangerous these variables could be. a chill ran down my spine as I remembered the things that transpired underneath the ruined cathedral.

"Fine..."

I muttered, if she was going anyway, I might as well keep my eyes on her and make sure she survives.