Chapter Six: Fan Girl

Third POV;

"Hi.....Sunny."

Nephis was caught off guard, to say the least. She didn't expect Sunny the Guy who was tormenting her mind lately to simply appear out of thin air.

And What Caught her attention was his presence.

Sunny looked... stronger. She didn't know how much soul essence he had been able to absorb while they were separated, but it seemed like it was a lot. Sunny was always tenacious and vicious, but now, his presence has grown to a completely different level.

There was something elusive about him that attracted attention and almost demanded it. He still was a pale young man with dark hair, a small height, a delicate, slender build, and perfect white skin. His dark eyes had a humorous, slightly mischievous spark in them. He wasn't exactly handsome, but due to his small stature, pale complexion, and dark hair, he looked like a beautiful porcelain doll.

His skin looked exceptionally paler which made his dark eyes stand out even more.

His lightless eyes were the eyes of a formidable killer. Like two pools of unfathomable darkness, cold and piercing.

But she can also feel a strong emotion stirring within. Staring at his eyes She recognized an Unrestrained Happiness and inexplicable longing.

Sunny almost seemed.....glad to see her.

Her heart beat quickened.

Something else that caught her attention was his height.

The Sunny She remembered was of a small stature. He was Slightly below average -barely reaching above her elbow- due to his upbringing and the environment he lived in.

But now he was just a head shorter than her

'Why did he become this tall?...'

"You do realize that you said that out loud, do you?"

At the question, Nephis blinked and stared at him. her face Stoic.

"What are you talking about?"

She tilted her head as she completely and shamelessly denied it.

*******

'Every darn time!'

Was it a sin for him to grow a bit taller??

Even in his Second Nightmare, The first thing his companions asked him the moment they met him was:

'Why are you so tall?'

Sunny Sighed.

Looking ahead his eyes fell on Nephis. She appeared radiant and splendid. Her white armor was pristine and graceful, her silver hair clean and combed.

Outwardly, she looked almost the same — tall, firm, and strangely distant, as though existing slightly apart from the rest of the world.

But Nephis looked far different from how he remembered her.

Her eyes were less sharp than how they were in the previous round. Her face was younger and less battle-hardened.

As from the last time they met in this round she sure did change a lot. Her silver hair was much longer, almost reaching her shoulders. Without the short tomboyish cut, she looked mature and feminine, making Sunny's heart beat faster than how it was already beating. Her calm grey eyes were as striking as ever. It shined with resolve and determination, radiating an almost infectious feeling of temperate confidence.