[3] - FIRST DAY ON THE JOB

FIVE MORE MINUTES

FIVE MORE MINUTES.

Y/N had to sit through five more minutes of class before he was free. Despite the teacher blabbering on and on, he was pretty confident that he could get through it.

Just five more minutes and then he could expel all of his pent up energy the best way he knew how.

It was a thrill. A genuine one. Wearing his suit underneath his school clothes. An ancient superhero tradition that made him truly appreciate sitting in school, enduring an AP physics class, smirking at his own slyness.

It was a beauty. And came out even better than he could have imagined. Navy & red, some lines and intersections here and there but nothing too intricate that it made the suit look bad. It was perfect.

And the best part... It was insulated!

Ever since he got bit

Ever since he got bit. Since he crashed into Silk. His entire routine was changed. Lunchtime? He's in the gym, pumping iron and building muscle. After school? Swinging around with his mentor.

It's sad to say, he hadn't seen much action as of yet. Aside from stopping a bike thief... who happened to have actually been the owner of the bike...

His spider-themed partner wasn't exactly thrilled about that.

There was the uncomfortable screech of a dry erase marker on the whiteboard. Low on ink, it hardly popped against the bright background. The teacher tried again, over the swelling chatter of impatient students. The ticking of the clock remained the loudest sound of all.

"Quiet down guys, I have you up until the bell rings!" Mr. Parker reminded, though there was no authority in his tone. It was as if he had already given up on taming his class in the last few moments of the school day.

Y/N liked the middle-aged man, it's just that Mr. Parker was far more entertaining when he was demonstrating physics instead of teaching it.