(Insert music;)

(Tw: abusive parents)

"So, then, while I'm sitting there, just comforting his old ass, Jerry started talking about this mission, and, out of the blue, he said I was pretty enough for the mission-which caught me hella off guard, first of all,  which surprised me, cause first of all, why would you say something like that? But, uhh, one, that was weird as hell. I am fine as hell, don't remind me, Grandpa. When I went on the mission in Japan, well,  not really in Japan, the area where I was undercover had these little machines with prizes in them, from which I obtained that, what was it called?...... Daon Gawan Rompa? Or something like that, the plushie of that character you said you liked. But, there were many other issues besides sex trafficking with this company, Kat! Holy shit! So I went undercover as this, I guess, a traveler staying at one of their hotels, with the shittiest Japanese ever. I swear I was on that fucking plane and was reading way too much or way too little with how bad I sounded. So, anyway, while I was going through the files, it was much worse than that, there were other links to this clan called-"

T h u d

Kat's eyes widened in pure fear.

Kat needs to end the call.

She needed to end the call now.

"Lee."

Hopefully, he'll notice she was acting off.

"Lee."

He's still going on and on.

"Lee."

It was 8:10 pm in the hotel the Chapman kids were at, the wind was blowing hard against the window, and the TV was blasting with some nature documentary that Megan demanded she wanted to watch, which was annoying to Lee. Marc and Tony were already in bed, sound asleep, and Lee had just got out of a nice, steamy shower, his red hair was over his face, he was well cleaned, towel around his amazing waist, and he was sitting down having a FaceTime call with his girlfriend, Katherina, who was so tired after being on the phone with him for three hours, while Megan took her shower.

On her end, Kat was in her room, enjoying a warm glass of water, in her pajamas Lee bought her for her birthday, the nice cotton ones with tiny roses on them, her feet swinging as her boyfriend kept talking about his mission and how weird Jerry was being, her room was bright pink, with pictures of her and her parents at many school events, every recital, every hosting with her maids.

Her bed was a lighter pink color with stuffed animals next to the pillows and the bed also looked messy considering the sheets were scattered everywhere. Her pink-blond hair fell in a cascade-like Rapunzel's over her fairly broad chest. Her face showed signs of fatigue, but her beauty remained. She felt great joy when her boyfriend shook her hand with a red face, but he remained her attractive boyfriend who made all her friends jealous. Everything was going well, her eyes were sleepy as she thought of all the fun things that would happen when Lee visited her in the UK. She had grown up in a world full of pain and heartache, living in an abusive home. Yet, she was still able to display a sense of joy and beauty through her pink/blonde hair and kind personality. Despite the adversities she faced in life, her beauty remained intact, making her an inspiration to those around her.

Well, that was, well, until she...she..heard a noise.

Those noises.

The footsteps.

"Lee, I need to get-"

The 2nd floor, just now, right now, felt...off.

She's coming upstairs.