Chapter 20

Larisa

Larisa

•••

It's been over a week since I last saw Adam. After seeing him and admitting our love, we finished showering and I risked my life by not going home. Instead, I slept in Adam's arms and felt the comfort of the man I desperately needed. It was a feeling I wouldn't ever replace. Some nights I lay and still think about all the events between us, but I understand he can't always see me as he has a gang to maintain.

Mom couldn't hold back her screaming the second I got home from school. It's all I heard till the sun started to set and I locked myself in my bedroom. I couldn't care less because i'm only 95% away from leaving this place once and for all.

Through out the weeks i've slowly been packing a suitcase with all my essentials and the things I most love. I've alerted Chantel that i'll be leaving work soon but my monthly pay is still set from that time I went grave digging with Adam.

Such a sweet memory.

It's crazy how much everything fell into place after that night. After seeing those eyes, that face and that defined body, he shifted my entire life and allowed me to hold onto the hope of good. Good things are coming and I can't wait to start a life for myself. One without my evil mom.

It's results day today and I quickly slip on a large robe to cover my body and run downstairs the second I hear the mail drop onto the floor. My eyes shift to John whose walking towards the letters. I haven't spoken to him ever since I realized how vile he really is.

I beat him to the mail and grab the large envelope with my name on. "Are those your results?", He asks. I don't even feel comfortable dressing like myself around him which explains the large robe around me. I simply ignore him and run back to my room as I hear him call out for me.

He needs to leave me alone.

With my door locked, I throw the robe off and sit on my bed. Should I open this with Adam?. My eyes remain on the white envelope and I can't help but tear it open. It's better that I surprise him with the good news instead. The second my eyes lay on the grades, I feel my heart shatter.

I failed everything.

Oh my god. This can't be right. I studied hard for these grades, all to feel my life crushing down in pieces.

My eyes fill with tears that start to drip down my cheeks. I can't believe I had so much hope for my future. I wanted to graduate and go on to do better. To prove that i'm someone who can make it. But this proves to me that I can't. I'm failure and moms words will forever spiral in my head.

She was right. I am a nobody.

My eyes turn towards my phone as I debate telling Adam this horrible news. We haven't texted since 4 days ago and i'm starting to feel like I desperately need him. I need him in this very moment. Nothing can make me feel any better. That's when I decide to grab my phone and send him a text.