#1

Yourself and the other new hires had just finished off your tour of the castle

Yourself and the other new hires had just finished off your tour of the castle. And you'd already forgotten most of it. All that was on your mind was the person you'd now be working for.

The new king.

No one outside of the royal family or the castle's workers knew exactly what he was like. Many of the other new hires had worked up some kind of image of him. Some thought he'd be the posh snooty type considering his lavish lifestyle, others thought he'd be socially awkward probably because he didn't grow up with many friends.

And you? You thought he'd be strictly business. All professional and precise and, for some reason, short-tempered. Wanting perfection in everything. After all, wasn't that how royal people wanted things usually?

Whether it was or wasn't, all you knew was that the image you'd conjured up, made you rather scared.

The head maid had just given out everyone's cleaning posts and, of course, yours had to be his majesty's bedroom.

All you had to do was straighten it up in the mornings and set it up in the nights. Nothing much, really.

Arriving at his room, you knocked on the door and was relieved to not hear a reply. Meaning he wasn't in there.

You opened the door and got to work. You made the bed, dusted the furniture, tidied up the bathroom and swept the floor. His majesty seemed to be a neat person, seeing as there wasn't really much to do. And before you knew it, you were done. Thankfully, before he got back.

Seeing as your task was complete, you went to help the other maids with their duties before it was time for you to head to your sleeping quarters.

The next morning, you knocked on his door and once again heard no response. Your work was finished quickly and so you helped out the others for the rest of the day. When night approached, you went back to his room and this time you skipped knocking, knowing he probably wouldn't be in there like before.

You went inside and saw some clothes discarded on the bed. Not thinking much of it, you folded them and put them away. You headed over to the bathroom to lay out his sleepwear for when he came back.

You opened the door and the clothes in your hands fell at the sight in front of you. A beautifully muscular man stood in the shower. A sharp jawline, pretty pointed nose, delectably thin lips all held together on a perfectly shaped face... Dark wet hair, broad shoulders, a smoothly built chest, prominent veins running from his hands up his arms, a gorgeously tight ass, toned legs and... damn. A very big piece of equipment.

"Hey,"

The shocked deep voice snapped you out of your thoughts and realisation flooded you. You'd just been caught staring at a very nude king.

Not daring to look at him again, you rambled out a string of apologies before you practically ran out the bathroom, slamming the door behind you.

As quickly and neatly as you could, you began setting the bed. You removed the excess throw pillows and rushed over to the closet and practically flung them in. Turning around, you were once again astonished to see a shirtless king only in his night sweats drying off his hair with a towel. Still looking like a damn meal.