#9 🖤

(Dom reader x sub Tae)

The jungle like surroundings echoed with the sounds of guards running about the earthy ground, the red beams from their tranquilizer guns bouncing about the shrubs and grass

You were up in the branches of one of the massive trees, watching the patrolling team from afar. As usual, you were in all black to camouflage yourself with the dark of the night.

There was a hybrid research facility not too far from here. It was in this particular location just so wandering hybrids could be captured and placed in the facility. Their lives would be changed from free creatures to lab rats, getting three tasteless meals a day and being trapped in a small containment until they were needed for some kind of tests.

Humans were truly cruel. Did they not think of what they were doing to them? Hybrids were part human, after all. And yet, they were treated entirely like animals because they had a tail and non-human ears.

You were more than thankful to have been one of the lucky ones. Panther hybrids were one of the most sought out species for experiments. But, they were smart. And your intelligence is what helped you to lead a free life.

Getting bored of watching the guards, you quietly climbed down from the tree. None of them heard or saw you, which allowed you to scurry off into the jungle.

When their voices drowned out, you slowed to a stroll. Chirping crickets and rustling leaves filled your ears and the cool night air calmed your senses. Until, they became alert when something zipped through the bushes behind you.

Your pupils shrank into thin slits, your ears perking everytime you heard the unidentified being move. Its scent reached your nose. It smelt of chemicals and pheromones. You could smell its fear, too.

The scent got closer and closer. Your tail flicked about behind you and you felt it hit something. You spun around and leapt onto the person, pinning them to the ground.

You heard a frightened whimper and when you looked down, you saw who you'd captured.

He was a very pretty boy. His hair was a chestnut brown, falling over his forehead. Two little ears were atop his head, orange and striped with black. He had fair smooth skin, a few needle puncture wounds visible at the base of his neck. His eyes were big and beautiful, the irises dark and innocent. He was wearing a sort of hospital gown.

With one sniff, you identified his species – a tiger hybrid. A young one, too. Probably no older than eighteen.

Poor thing must've escaped from the facility. That explained the number of guards running about at such a late hour. They were after this little guy. Little tiger was on the loose, it seemed.

Your pupils rounded a bit at his scared expression, a microscopic smile forming on your lips. He seemed to relax a bit but, he became frightened again when the sound of voices neared.