#8

Warning: mentions of abuse and bruises

At the moment, you and Taehyung were on the living room couch, watching some random movie

At the moment, you and Taehyung were on the living room couch, watching some random movie. But, you could feel the tension.

You were an only child and you're father had past away in an accident when you were nine. Your mother blamed you for his death because he was only on the road that day to pick you up from school. Because of this, your mother hated you. She still sent you to school and bought food for you but, on the condition that you cook, look after the house and get no less than an A in every subject.

If you ever messed up, you got a beating. According to her, as long as you're dependant on her to live, she has the right to treat you the way she wanted to.

You never stood up against her because your father had been against violence and even though your mother was harsh with you, you couldn't do anything. She was still your mother, after all.

Now, eight years later, she'd met someone. They'd been dating for about seven months or so and were now engaged. You'd met the guy and he'd seemed okay. About two months ago, you'd met his son - Taehyung.

Tae was a couple months younger than you but, he was really nice. He was friendly and helpful and never did or asked anything that'd make you uncomfortable. Even though he'd looked like he wanted to ask you so many things.

Living with an abusive mother made you quite observant, so you'd easily noticed how nervous Tae got around his father. And, of course, you'd noticed that he often wore long sleeves and long pants. Just like you.

Today, your parents went out and so, Tae invited you over. Over the past month, Tae seemed to try to get closer to you. It was cute how shy he got around you.

But, of course, the first nice guy you met had to be your soon-to-be stepbrother. Looks like you just couldn't catch a break.

You knew Tae might've caught some feelings for you, too. You were really observant, remember?

So, the fact that you both were crushing on each other but, were gonna be family soon brought some tension to the table.

Particularly now when it was just the two of you in the house, sitting so closely on the two seater couch. Sharing one blanket.

He'd stiffen whenever you'd shift to get comfortable and kept eying your shoulder, as if he'd wanted to lay his head on it. But, being a polite younger, he kept his distance. Although, you didn't want him to.

He glanced at you again and this time you looked at him, catching him off guard. He went red faced within a second and quickly turned back to the TV. You smiled at his shyness, "Tae," he hesitantly looked back at you. You patted your shoulder, still smiling softly.

He seemed to go even more red at the gesture. Slowly, he got closer to you then gently rested his head on your shoulder. He seemed a little tense so, you brought your arm around his shoulders and combed through his hair with your fingers.