Chapter 5: Lustful Taboos

As Ian arrived at the designated meeting spot to confer with his uncle James about the startling revelation of Kevin's alleged survival, a mix of apprehension and determination churned within him. With a firm resolve, he approached James, who was waiting with a grave expression etched on his face.

"Uncle James," Ian greeted him, his voice laced with urgency as he took a seat beside him. "What have you found out about Dad?"

James sighed heavily, his features etched with concern. "Ian, I've been digging into this ever since you told me about what you heard," he began, his tone somber. "And from what I've gathered, it seems that Kevin is indeed alive."

Ian's eyes widened in disbelief at the confirmation of his worst fears. "But why would he fake his own death?" Ian questioned, his mind racing with unanswered questions. "And why would he hide in San Diego?"

James shook his head, his expression grim. "That's what we're going to find out," he replied, his voice tinged with determination. "I've managed to track down a few leads, but we'll need to tread carefully. Kevin may be hiding for a reason, and whatever it is, it's bound to be dangerous."

Ian nodded in agreement, steeling himself for the challenges that lay ahead. "I'm ready," he declared, his voice filled with resolve. "Whatever it takes to uncover the truth about Dad, I'm in."

With a shared nod of understanding, Ian and James set their sights on unraveling the mystery of Kevin's disappearance and the startling revelation of his continued existence. Little did they know, their journey would lead them down a path fraught with danger, deceit, and unexpected twists that would test their bonds of family and loyalty to the limit.

As Lucas entered Brewed Bliss cafe near Columbia, he spotted Dianna Agron sitting at a corner table, her bright smile welcoming him as he approached. With a friendly nod, he made his way over to her, the atmosphere light and casual as they exchanged greetings.

"Hey, Lucas! So glad you could make it," Dianna greeted him warmly, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. "I've been dying to catch up with you. How's everything going?"

Lucas returned her smile, taking a seat opposite her as he replied, "Things have been good, thanks. What about you? How's your semester going?"

As they chatted about their classes and upcoming events on campus, Dianna's curiosity began to bubble to the surface. With a playful twinkle in her eye, she leaned in slightly, her tone conspiratorial as she broached the topic that had been on her mind.

"So, Lucas," Dianna began, her voice tinged with curiosity, "I couldn't help but notice that you and Taylor Swift seem to be pretty close. Are you two just friends now, or is there something more going on?"

Lucas's expression softened at the mention of Taylor's name, a fond smile gracing his lips. "Taylor and I are good friends," he replied casually, though there was a hint of warmth in his tone. "We were together for a while, but things didn't work out romantically. Now we're just friends."

Dianna nodded, her interest piqued by his response. "That's cool," she remarked, her tone casual yet probing. "So, you two hang out often?"

Lucas shrugged nonchalantly, trying to downplay the significance of their friendship. "Yeah, every now and then," he replied, though there was a subtle warmth in his gaze as he thought of Taylor. "We're both busy with school and other stuff, but we try to catch up when we can."

As the conversation continued, Lucas couldn't shake the feeling that Dianna's interest in Taylor was more than just idle curiosity. But for now, he pushed aside any suspicions, content to enjoy the casual banter and camaraderie of their meeting at the cafe.