Chapter 17: All's Fair In Love And War

As Carlos stirred from his slumber, the morning light filtering through the curtains, he felt the warmth of Taylor's body pressed against his. As he moved to get up, Taylor's eyes fluttered open, and a wicked smirk danced on her lips.

"Well, well, well, look who's awake," Taylor purred, her voice dripping with allure as she reached out to pull him back into bed, her grip firm and commanding.

Carlos's gaze met hers, a predatory glint sparking in his eyes as he felt her pull. "Good morning, princess," he rumbled, his voice low and commanding as he surrendered to her magnetic pull, his strong arms wrapping around her possessively.

Their lips met in a hungry, possessive kiss, each seeking dominance over the other. Taylor gasped as Carlos's hands roamed over her body, igniting a fire that consumed them both with raw desire.

"Carlos," Taylor moaned, her voice a breathless plea as he pinned her beneath him, his dominance asserting itself with every touch and caress.

Carlos growled in response, his movements primal and commanding as he claimed her as his own, their bodies moving in perfect sync as they lost themselves in the intoxicating dance of passion.

With every touch, every kiss, they surrendered to the primal urge that bound them together, their passion building to a fever pitch until they were both consumed by the searing heat of their desire.

And in the aftermath of their explosive lovemaking, they lay tangled together, breathless and sated, their bodies still humming with the aftershocks of their shared ecstasy.

For Taylor and Carlos, this morning was a testament to the undeniable power of their connection, a bond that transcended words and defied explanation. And as they lay entwined in each other's arms, they knew that nothing could ever come between them, for their love was a force to be reckoned with.

Selena sat in front of the principal's office at Columbia University, her expression composed yet tinged with determination. She glanced down at her phone, frustration gnawing at her insides as Taylor's number remained unanswered for the umpteenth time.

As Mrs. Johanson, the stern yet respected principal of Columbia, approached, Selena rose to her feet, her posture poised and regal, every inch the embodiment of Upper East Side elegance.

"Selena, what brings you here today?" Mrs. Johanson inquired, her tone measured yet curious as she gestured for Selena to take a seat.

Selena fixed Mrs. Johanson with a steely gaze, her voice firm and unwavering. "I have something important to discuss with you, Mrs. Johanson," she began, her words laced with determination.

Mrs. Johanson nodded, her interest piqued by Selena's serious demeanor. "Of course, Selena. Please, go on," she encouraged, her tone respectful yet expectant.

Selena took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to reveal. "I've made a decision," she announced, her voice ringing with conviction. "I've decided to drop out of Columbia and take over my mother's legacy in the fashion industry."

Mrs. Johanson's eyebrows shot up in surprise, her expression one of disbelief. "But Selena, you're one of the best students we have here at Columbia," she protested, her tone tinged with concern. "Your future is bright, and your potential is limitless."

Selena's jaw tightened, her resolve unyielding as she met Mrs. Johanson's gaze head-on. "I appreciate your confidence in me, Mrs. Johanson. But my path lies elsewhere," she replied, her voice steady and resolute. "I have a responsibility to uphold my family's legacy, and I won't let anything stand in my way."

Mrs. Johanson sighed, her expression one of reluctant acceptance. "I understand, Selena. But I hope you realize the gravity of this decision," she cautioned, her tone tinged with concern. "The world of academia will miss you, but I have no doubt that you'll excel in whatever path you choose."