Chapter 20: Royal Engagement

As Taylor ascended the steps to Selena's penthouse, her mind buzzed with anticipation. She pushed open the ornate doors and stepped into the luxurious space, her eyes scanning the room for her best friend.

There, seated at a lavish table, was Selena, a regal aura enveloping her as she conversed with a striking man whose presence exuded sophistication. Taylor's steps faltered for a moment, taken aback by the unexpected sight before her.

"S-Selena?" Taylor stammered, her surprise evident in her voice as she approached the table.

Selena glanced up, her gaze cool and composed as she regarded Taylor with a hint of amusement. "Taylor, darling, what a pleasant surprise," she greeted, her tone dripping with poise as she gestured towards the man beside her. "Allow me to introduce Alain De Florian, Prince of Monaco."

Taylor's eyes widened in astonishment at the introduction, her mind reeling with the implications of Selena's prestigious guest. "Prince Alain, it's a pleasure to meet you," she managed to say, her voice tinged with awe as she extended her hand in greeting.

Alain's lips curved into a charming smile, his blue eyes twinkling with warmth as he accepted Taylor's hand. "The pleasure is mine, Taylor," he replied, his French accent adding a touch of elegance to his words.

Selena observed the exchange with a subtle smirk, her demeanor poised and confident as she basked in the attention of her guests. "Well, Taylor, what brings you to my humble abode?" she inquired, her tone laced with curiosity as she sipped delicately from a crystal glass.

Taylor cleared her throat, her nerves tingling with the weight of her invitation. "Actually, Selena, I wanted to invite you and Prince Alain to my birthday celebration tonight," she announced, her voice steady despite the butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

Selena's eyebrows shot up in surprise at Taylor's invitation, her interest piqued by the prospect of attending such an exclusive event. "Your birthday, Taylor? How delightful," she exclaimed, her tone tinged with genuine interest as she regarded her friend with newfound curiosity.

Alain's eyes sparkled with intrigue at the mention of Taylor's birthday, his interest piqued by the prospect of joining in the festivities. "I would be honored to attend, Taylor," he declared, his voice filled with sincerity as he turned to Selena for approval.

Selena's lips curved into a satisfied smile, her eyes gleaming with mischief as she nodded in agreement. "Well then, Taylor, it seems we have plans for tonight," she remarked, her tone tinged with excitement as she regarded her friend with a newfound sense of camaraderie.

As Taylor and Karlie bustled around the opulent living room of the Empire, their laughter filling the air as they put the finishing touches on the decorations for Taylor's birthday party. Streamers adorned the walls, balloons swayed gently in the breeze, and the scent of freshly baked treats wafted from the kitchen.

Just as they were admiring their handiwork, the door swung open, and Carlos sauntered into the room with a mischievous grin on his face, a bouquet of flowers in hand.

"Surprise!" Carlos exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement as he presented the bouquet to Taylor.

Taylor's eyes widened in delight at the unexpected gesture, her heart fluttering at the sight of Carlos's charming smile. "Carlos, what are you doing here?" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with surprise as she accepted the flowers with a grateful smile.

Carlos chuckled softly, his eyes sparkling with amusement as he regarded Taylor with affection. "I couldn't miss your birthday celebration, Tay," he replied, his tone warm and genuine as he stepped forward to envelop her in a tight embrace.