Ep. 10 Sketches of The Sleeping Woman

(Drawing not mine. But I do hope to draw like this one day.)

Dr. Lecter's office, Baltimore, Maryland 

It's been 20 minutes, and Morgan is dead asleep on in the chair with a small brown blanket over her. While Hannibal took this time to get some work done and review some of his patients' notes. He was hesitant to play classical music so as not to disturb her and turn on his fireplace. Hannibal wasn't bothered by her sleeping. Actually, he felt the opposite. He kind of wished every patient of his would sleep during their sessions like she did. After finishing up and organizing his notes, he had gotten rather bored. 

Hannibal's eyes drifted to Morgan's sleeping figure, and an idea popped into his head. The Doctor opened a bottom drawer from his desk and took out his dark blue sketch book. Hannibal grabbed a pencil that had already been sharpened. He grabbed his things and moved to his seat across from Morgan. He opened his book and began sketching her. He watched as her face made gentle twitches. He wondered what she was dreaming about, or perhaps it was a nightmare?
He first stared with the general body shape of hers and began to focus on the details. It was then he noticed the small scars on her face and hands. He wondered where they were from. Hannibal set his pencil down and thought about who Morgan was. He knew very little if not anything about her. Just that she has a brother, they live in Spain, and she was most likely once a profiler to Jack.
"What are you doing?" Morgan, finally awake, asked, her eyes dead on him.
He will never admit to anybody that he was spooked by how silently and stuttle she woke up. Neither would he admit that he felt a little embarrassed by how she caught him drawing her. He usually waits after his clients leave to indulge in his hobbies.
He lifts his right arm to rest on the armrest, and with his hand and pencil, he slightly coveres his mouth.
"I had thought you were asleep." He started, lowering his arm, "I'm embarrassed to say that I took you on as my subject on the arts of realism."
Morgan stared at him with half lidded eyes, "You're an artist?"
Hannibal nodded, "I take it on as a hobby."
"You must have been bored to be embarrassed to draw on of your patients." Morgan shifted in her seat to sit like it was intended.
"You must think I'm beautiful to use me as a subject for the 'arts of realism'." Morgan said, using the armrests to push her leg from underneath out.
Hannibal lowered his head and chuckled lightly. He wouldn't argue that she isn't. However, for the last couple of days, she's definitely been dressing down from her own potential.
Morgan adjusts comfortably in her seat, wrapping herself in her blanket like a burrito.
"I wouldn't argue with that statement." Hannibal looks down at his sketchbook and closes it with a smile on his face.
Morgan raises her eyebrows, surprised with his reply, and half amused.
"Well, Dr. Lecter, are you flirting with me?" Morgan asks jokingly. A lopsided grin on her face.
Hannibal looks up at her, "That would be unprofessional of me, Miss Reedus."
"Call me Morgan."
Hannibal nods, "Of course."
Silence dawned on them momentarily as the two stared at each other.
Morgan turned her attention to the books and details of the office.
"You know," she began, "my old psychoatrist never had an office like yours. It's quite beautiful, honestly."
Hannibal set his book and pencil aside and listened. He clasped his hands together of his abdomen.
"Thank you."
Morgan smiled at him, "How can you afford it?"
"Great charges."
Morgan chuckles, "And who's paying my sessions?"
"The Board, I believe."
"Huh. Guess you're milking them good. I'm sleeping, and you get your free time drawing."
Hannibal didn't know what to think of that. Oddly enough, he couldn't tell if she was being rude or stating a fact.
"Perhaps I should, too." Hannibal tilted his head at her, "I've got a bunch of problems, and you have...well, whatever metaphorical tools you have to fix them." Morgan said, staring a little off to the side.
Morgan looks at Hannibal, huffing out air, "Seems I owe you an apology."
Hannibal was already beginning to favor her.
"For what?"
"For wasting your time." Morgan breathed in, "I took potential sessions away from you and your patients just to sleep. Plus, I'm not even paying you. So I should take advantage of that."
Hannibal nodded, "I appreciate that."
He smiled at her. He felt pretty genuine about it, too, more than for most people.
"What time is it?" Morgan nodded to his watch.
Hannibal flicked his wrist to check, "We have about 15 more minutes." His brown eyes trained on her, "Would you like to take the remaining time to begin?" He asked.
Morgan thought about it. She shook her head, "Nah, definitely next time, though."
She fell into the comfort of her seat and the warmth of her blanket.
"By the way, you think we can move our sessions at night? Or anywhere in the afternoon? It's okay if you don't have anything available. I just don't want to be half asleep during our sessions."
Morgan lifted her head up, "Or as cranky. Which I should have warned you about. Raymond undermined it." Morgan laid her head back to rest.
Hannibal mentally remembered there was availability around late afternoon. Near Will's timely sessions. He thought it would be interesting to see them pass each other down the hall. Additionally, it would seem to benefit Morgan as well to further find out more about her.
"Yes. We can move our session around 8:30 p.m?" Hannibal took his ledger from underneath his sketchbook and began writing.
Morgan nodded gently, "Sound good, Doctor." She said as she slowly fell back to sleep.