Ep. 12 Friday At 6, Your Place

Hannibal's office, Baltimore

Will's whole day was stressful, especially during the midday. He and Jack's team had finally closed the Lost Boys case. He felt so overwhelmed. He wanted to book the earliest appointment with Hannibal. Luckily for him, it was before his get-together with Morgan. Will was hoping to reduce some stress beforehand.
Will waited outside Lecter's office, laptop bag in hand. He just spent his time repeating the day's event over and over again.
"Evening, Will." Hannibal holds the door open for him.

As the man passes him, he throws his laptop bag onto the arm chaise lounge chair. He mutters a small acknowledgment to his doctor.

"May I ask why you wanted to move up our appointment, Will." Hannibal asked, closing the door behind him.

"I just needed to get some stress out before I get home." Will explained, pressing his hand against his face to cool down.

Hannibal felt there was more to it, and so he asked, "Are you waiting for something at home?" He took his seat at his chair, crossing his legs.

Will slightly glanced at him, then looked up at the ceilings, "Yeah." He dropped his head and turned to him, "I made a new friend a couple of days ago." He stared at the floor with his hands in his pockets, "It's been the first friendship I've had in a while." The only friendship I've had.

Hannibal tilted his head, "How does this make you feel?"

Will rose his eyebrow at him. "I only ask because you seem protective of this friendship."

Will thinks about it but doesn't understand what he's referring to, "What do you mean?"

"Think about why you've come here in the first place. You wanted to release your stress before meeting your friend. You wanted to make a good impression on him."

"'Her'." Will corrected but then immediately regretted it.

Suddenly, Hannibal felt that the situation had the potential to be interesting. He pursed his lips, "You wanted a make a good impression on her."

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I am protective." Will walks to his seat, "I just don't want to be the cause of a ruined friendship."

After some silence, Hannibal takes a chance to ask, "Do you like her, Will?"

Will snaps out his thoughts with a hot face. He rubs the material of the armrest of the chair and avoids eye contact. "I like her enough to be friends with her." He lifts his attention to Hannibal with a sarcastic smile, "Does that answer your questions, Doctor."

Hannibal takes a minute to study him before grabbing his notebook and his pen, "Why don't you tell me more about her and your friendship with her."

Will thought that was the most easiest question to answer, "She is funny, smart, and pretty straightforward. She appreciates the things she has and doesn't strive for more. She takes care of her family and protects them. She loves animals, especially dogs. She's had experiences more than anyone I know." Hannibal took some notes down as he watched Will's behavior, seeing him holding a gentle smile on his face. He wondered if Will knew that he's smiling while thinking about her.

"She's been almost everywhere. She lives in Spain." Hannibal's attention snaps back to the last part.

There was a strange type of excitement within him when he knew who he was talking about. But there was also a strange feeling within him. He was jealous of Will. He didn't know why, though, but he was determined to find out. He feels like he's lowered himself near where most humans stood themselves. Jealousy. It's a feeling that rarely shows up, but when it does. He'll do anything to obtain in for himself.