Chapter 2

Reyansh

The alarm woke me up at 5:00am sharp and I started my morning routine - hardcore exercising and jogging, then getting ready, and finally preparing breakfast for the family, and also leaving a gift on the dining table for Krish on account of it being Holi today.

Before I left the house, I decided to check on Krish and to my utter surprise loud groaning and some womanly noises were coming from his room, I had no intention of seeing my brother doing something untoward that would surely make me wanna throw up, but he was my little brother and I had to be the responsible one as always and besides Krish was aware that any such "extra curricular activities" were not allowed inside our house, he could rent a hotel room like any other grown up adult to fulfil his needs.

So, I gathered my strength and opened the door to see him doing push-ups with his headphones on and singing along to Taylor Swift. It brought a smile to my face, that was strange, because nowadays I rarely ever smiled or felt true joy.

I decided to startle the little gym rat, cause why not?, after all wasn't it my job to annoy and scare my little brother from time to time. To let him know, who's still the boss around here, not like he needed any reminding.

The little shit screamed, when I threw a glass of cold water on him and I screamed, "Happy Holi" (Holi is a festival on which we throw water and colour on friends and family), now that was fun!

Krish whined loudly, "Bhaiyaaaaaaaaa (Brother), why did you startle me like that?, I could've had a heart attack."

I laughed at him and called him a "Drama queen", and then walked out of his room only to find him chasing after me, to throw a retaliatory glass of water on me and all it took was a stern glare and that stopped Krish in his tracks.

I could not afford to play "Holi" with him today, I had to look sharp for my meeting, the one I was looking forward to for a very long time. All my hard work and scheming was going to pay off, I was gonna "accidentally" bump into Kyra Oberoi and be her "saviour", if all went according to my plan, which it obviously would because Reyansh Alex Kapoor's plans never fail.

I left, after wishing Krish a Happy Holi and telling him to eat the breakfast, I specially prepared for him and told him to go to college on time and warned him to come back home no later than 10pm, after partying with his friends. I was going to give Krish the live I deserved, but didn't get. I was going to make sure that he would have everything single thing that he desired and give him the best possible life I could.

Holi was being celebrated in full swing in our city, the festival of colours was a major Public holiday and the streets would be packed with people, and therefore most of the main roads would be closed for celebrations, leaving the few people travelling by car to take back roads and narrow alleys to reach their destinations.

In one particular alleyway, a surprise awaited Kyra Oberoi, one she would least expect as this city was basically run by her family and only someone with a death-wish would dare to attack her.