Chapter 31

Reyansh

I set up the table with a pitcher of orange juice, fresh homemade waffles, a bowl of fruits, scrambled eggs for Krish, sautéed veggies, and homemade sliders.

Eventually both Krish and Kyra returned after washing up and we sat and ate our breakfast. The conversations were light and fun, and from Kyra's expression I could tell she was beaming with happiness and was really enjoying herself. I was glad that we brought her happiness on her special day. Krish was also very happy and jovial.

He seemed to get along very well with Kyra. I was glad about that. They got along like a house on fire. The bond between them was forged instantly and I could see that Krish brought out Kyra's playful side.

Kyra seemed to enjoy the breakfast prepared by me, my chest swelled with pride. She then playfully brought up how Krish had tricked her on her Haldi ceremony day, about him being the brother of groom. Krish countered by saying that he didn't lie about his identity as he is the brother of the actual groom. They lightly bickered like young children, before eventually Krish jumped up from his seat and hugged Kyra and apologised.

She instantly melted and forgave him and returned the hug.

Meanwhile, my mind was already planning out the rest of the day. For lunch Krish and I had planned to take Kyra out to "Sebastian", one of the most premium restaurants in the city, for their legendary 10 course meal. Then in the evening, The Oberoi's had invited us for dinner at their mansion and we had to go over the contract. Which would state how much control Kyra and her new husband would get in the Oberoi Empire.

Kyra still had to unlock the last stage of her grandfather's Will, which was to be opened only after her marriage.

Finally the very thing I had worked so hard for was within my grasp. I could almost taste the victory. But only one thing had changed in my plans. Initially Kyra was going to be a bargaining chip or a stepping stone for me to achieve my goals and then I would cast her aside. But now the very thought of treating Kyra like an object made my blood boil.

I was still going to achieve my goals but with Kyra at my side, I couldn't even fathom being without her. She was now mine and I would not let her go.

Lastly, I also checked wether my final birthday gift to Kyra would arrive on time in the night, after we would be back from the Oberoi mansion. I was sure she was going to love it. I couldn't wait to give it to her and see her expression.

Krish

I freaking loved my new Bhabhi she was amazing, sweet and such a perfect addition to our small family.

Once we were all done eating, the table was cleared and I could see Bhaiya was lost in thought, so I quickly grabbed this opportunity to run to the kitchen before he could stop me and I set up the things needed to do this newly wed ritual, on the coffee table.

(According, to this ritual, a newly married couple sits opposite to each other and in the middle a cauldron/huge pot is filled almost to the top with milk and a few rose petals. A ring is dropped into it, and the man and woman must race to locate the ring and extract it quickly before the other. It is a super fun and chill ritual, done the day after the marriage. It is said that whoever finds the submerged ring and removes it out first, will be the dominant one in the relationship.
The rules are simple - have fun, use only one hand [though in some cases the woman is given the opportunity to use both hands, while the man can use only one hand] and the winner is usually decided on the basis of best of 3 rounds.)

I quickly dropped the ring in the container and swirled the liquid a little, so that the ring gets dispersed. I called the couple and asked them to find the ring and briefly explained the rules to them.