The Door

The crowd was as loud as we walked in. So loud I couldn't hear Strelitzia. She pointed at an open spot. I nodded, and we reached it. The people were going crazy. They were excited as I was. The tournament. It's finally here.

"Welcome all!"

The anouncer came on screen. His voice echoed through the stadium.

"We're proud to present to you the best day of the cenrty! If you're watching at home, tune in because it's going to get crazy out here! Also, be assured that no audiences will be harmed. Always remain behind the line, and you'll be fine! In case of emergencies, please follow the signs in an orderly fashion manner. Stay calm and respect the authority. Now, further a do, let's begin the tournament!"

The anouncer screen turned off, and the lights began to lit up the floor below. The people were quiet. You can hear whispers in the crowd. Looking down. Small tunnels lit up. Then people came out. When they walked, the floor lit under their feet. Walking towards the middle. Then something remarkable happens. The field. It started to rise up. Screens turned on and showed all the competitors. Especially-

"YOZORA!!"

The crowd cheered. The stadium became loud again. I covered my ears. So did Strelitzia. We both looked at each other. Both of us think this is crazy. But he's the champion. Of course, the crowd will go wild. When I looked at the screen, suddenly the sound wasn't so loud anymore. Watching him ready himself for battle. Or just watching him made my stomach weird. Like butterflies flying inside. Strelitzia poked my cheek. I turned, and she was pointing at my face. My face... Ah!

She saw me!! Now she'll never stop teasing me about it. She laughed.

But all the happiness inside fell silent. A shift. Something is coming. I looked down at the field. Strelitzia noticed something, too. Its... not safe here.

A huge sound echoed the place. Shattering the lights. Blasting the ceiling off like it was a piece of paper. The crowd held their breath. It showed itself. Took its form. I hadn't seen one of them since I got here. It was...

"Darkside." Strelitzia broke the silence.

The crowd panicked and started to run. Strelitzia and I held fast. Making sure we weren't tobbled over. The sirens went off. Alerting the city. Drones came out from hiding and started firing at the Darkside. That won't do much. Plus, this Darkside was huge. It got bigger. And much stronger. Shadows came out and started to scare the crowd. Making it harder for the people to follow the signs.

This is where a choice was made. Not a doubt has one answer. Strelitzia got the message.

"Put up your hood!" She ordered and leaped out to the walkway. She summoned her keyblade and fought the heartless. I did the same. It was a risk, but we weren't going to let these people get hurt. We had a mission. Get these people out of here.

As we fought off the heartless, we were expecting troops to surround us and take us in. But none of that happened. They were more focused on Darkside.

I lead the people out of harms way. Fighting off heartless after heartless. They just kept coming. Then the Gigas arrived. I looked as the Giga's fired at the huge heartless. It looked as though it was doing some damage, but that was just hopeful thinking. Darkside reached out and grabbed one of the machas. And it did the unthinkable. It absorbed the Giga. Gaining its power. Making it more dangerous. Then it grabbed another.

Strelitzia tackled me down. I didn't notice, but a blast broke the floor where I was standing. The Heartless waa shooting out beams. Fighting iff the Gigas as if they were the intruders.

"It's the Darkside!" She shouted. "If we take down the heartless, the others will disappear."

One person remains in the flouting field. He took out his weapon. Ready to fight the new form Darkside.