Redemption

Yozora snapped out of it and was ready to fight. Theirs only one way to get him to listen. It's to fight him head-on.

I leaped forward to attack. He did the same. We clashed. I felt his strength surging towards me. I know I'm out-match, but I didn't let that change my mind. I'm going to let him see. He's on the wrong side.

He pushed back. I stammer to my feet. He forward strike. I side stepped. That was a mistake. He reappeared out of nowhere behind me. I rolled and attacked him. He counter attack it. He stuck me with multiple hits. I tried to keep up. With every hit. I felt the agony from his heart.

Does he want to fight me? What pains him?

Once I was out of reach, I took a breath. I stayed firm. He slides. I strike down. I paid attention to the moves he made. Block if I need to. Strike if I see an opening. Move when he's behind me. He has to be tired. He fought Skuld. I was nieve to think that.

The next thing I knew, we were fighting in the air. Block. Hit. Block. Hit. He pushed down his saber onto my high block. It sent me crashing down the shallow pond. I got up because it wasn't over. He high strick. I lose my grip of the keyblade. All I have to do is dodged his attack. But wasn't enough. I was getting tired. My legs weren't moving when I need them to.

I summoned my keyblade and began to attack back. I notice he was taking heavy breaths. I've noticed the face he makes when he blocks. He's suffering. Not physically. I can feel his heart. Battleling itself. I know what to do.

Note to self. Their is a time a place for what I'm about to do. Highly dangerous because you don't know what your opponent might do. I went for it.

Our blades recoil us back. I let go out my keyblade and pivot forward and embrace Yozora with a hug.

Strelitzia and Skuld were shocked. Yozora was stunned in place. I heard my keyblade landed. We stayed like this for a while.

Then Yozora came to his senses. "What are you doing! Let go!" He was pushing my shoulder back but I was locked in. He felt embarrassed.

"I'm not going to let go." I said. I was closing my eyes tight. Waiting for at least a punch. But Yozora was only trying to push me away. He didn't want to hurt me in that way. So he used his words.

"I've done thing!" He shouted. Still trying to push me away. "No matter it be wrong or right. I did them because I have goal to achieve. No matter what!" I locked in my fingers. "I hurt people! I betrayed those that trusted in me! Let go!"

I held tight.

"I-I.....done terrible things." He stopped struggling. "But I told myself, it's necessary. It's the only way. The only way... Even if it means I lose myself...."

I held on for a moment longer.

"Let go." He place his hand on my shoulder. I let go. I looked at him but he didn't want to meet my eyes. I didn't have word of reinsurance. How can I?

"We all have our way. We believe that the paths we choose is the right ones. May it be good. Or bad. I've lost my way countless times. But I wasn't alone. Their was always someone at my side. Pointing at the right direction. Like they lost theirs and I showed them the way." I said.

"And who was that?" He said.

"A friend." I smiled. He looked at me. "Yozora. Don't you have friends to rely on?" He blinked.

"I....I don't know." He wasn't sure of himself.

"Of course you do. I'm here." I said confidently. He looked at me. He paused for a moment then he punched me in the stomach.