Prologue

Agastya trailed behind Roohi, keeping a safe distance as she stumbled her way through the dimly lit park. His heart pounded in his chest, a mix of concern and curiosity driving him forward.

He had noticed Roohi leaving the club earlier, her steps unsteady and her laughter too loud, and had decided to follow her to make sure she got home safely. Little did he know that he would stumble upon a scene that would shatter his perceptions.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

As twilight fades, the park transforms into a symphony of lights. Trees adorned with delicate fairy lights cast a soft glow, weaving a tapestry of warmth and magic. Pathways are illuminated by gentle lanterns. The central fountain dances with cascading colors, reflecting off the rippling water, creating a mesmerizing spectacle. Underneath the canopy of stars, secluded benches offer sanctuary for whispered conversations and stolen kisses. The scent of blooming flowers mingles with the crisp night air added more beauty to this spectrum.

Agastya watched as Roohi weaved her way through the maze of trees, her movements unsteady and her giggles echoing through the night.

"Roohi, wait!" Agastya called out, but his words were swallowed by the darkness. Roohi didn't hear him, her attention fixated on something—or someone—else.

Agastya squinted through the shadows and his heart lurched as the 6'1" titan strides into the room, envy bubbles within Agastya's chest. His broad shoulders command attention, stealing the spotlight effortlessly. A fantastic physique, meticulously sculpted, makes others pale in comparison. Yet it's the messy, black mane that infuriates, somehow adding to his allure. That sharp jawline, a weapon of envy, seems honed by the gods themselves. And those brown eyes, deeper than the abyss, hold secrets the observer can only dream of possessing. Each confident step he takes stokes the flames of resentment, a reminder of his own inadequacies in the presence of such unattainable perfection. He saw Aahan emerge from the darkness, his figure illuminated by the faint glow of a distant streetlight.
"Aahan!" Roohi's voice rang out, her tone filled with excitement.

Agastya's pulse quickened as he watched Roohi stumble toward Aahan, her movements erratic and uncontrolled.

As Roohi approached Aahan, Agastya's mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Roohi had always harbored a crush on Aahan, and now, in her drunken state, she was stumbling right into his arms.

Agastya's steps quickened as he tried to close the distance between them, his heart pounding in his chest. He wanted to intervene, to pull Roohi away before things went any further, but a part of him was frozen in place, rooted to the spot by a mixture of shock and disbelief.

He watched in horror as Roohi reached out and grabbed Aahan's tie, pulling him closer with surprising strength. Aahan's expression shifted from confusion to shock as Roohi planted a sloppy kiss right on his lips, her laughter ringing out into the night.

Agastya felt a surge of anger and betrayal coursing through him. How could Aahan betray their friendship like this? How could he take advantage of Roohi in her vulnerable state?

Aahan stepped forward, concern etched into his features. "Roohi, are you okay?" he asked, his voice gentle.

What had he just witnessed? And what did it mean for their friendship with Aahan? As they emerged from the darkness of the park into the harsh light of the street, Agastya knew that things would never be the same again....