Pilot

Alarm rings

Oh shit it's 6am already I thought I set my alarm for 5. Today is my first day of university and of course I'm going to be late.

"Lizzie hurry up nuh yuh think the bus affi wait pan yuh man, and come eat di breakfast, yuh nuh bade yet ?" Mommy shouts from downstairs. "Mi a come mi a aguh put on mi clothes dem" I saying knowing damn well I haven't even hit the shower yet.

I rush in the shower and start bathing as fast as I can. As soon as I get out I check my phone to see my bestie Bianca texting me :
Memba fi come out by 6:25 cause him seh him a leave 6:30. See u later 💋

Shit!! I throw my charger in my bag cause this will be my last day I'll be at home because as of tomorrow I'll be on dorm. I throw on a black jeans a black shirt and some black Jordon's, grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.  "mi cya bad fi wear nth extra" I say to my self.

"Yuh did send down everything you need with your cousin to your dorm room" says mommy while sharing out some cornmeal porridge. "Yea mi send everything man" I reply.

"Suh whole on you nuh seh prayer again" says mommy aggressively. "Thank you Jesus for this food God please bless it" I say in a quick manner. "Come in like unuh young people figet God when unuh reach a certain level Ina life and memba him when trouble tek u unuh, yuh stay deh stray from God Izzie" she says as she goes on one of her rants.

"Okay mommy" I say as I place the dish in the sink and run upstairs to brush my teeth. "Izzie if yuh want a ride go to the scheme gate you aff I come now" says dad as he picks up his breakfast. 

"Bye mommy" I say as I shut the front door behind me. As I enter my dad's cart here goes Bianca calling me.
The phone call
Me: hello
Bianca: aye girl how u nuh reach yet !?
Me: mi a come man mi inah daddy car a come
Bianca: you cya tell Mark seh fi drive faster Travis reach Enuh and you know mi uncle miserable.
Me: mi soon come man jeeez.
Bianca: hisses her teeth
I hang up.
"Weh she seh Travis reach?" asks daddy. "Yes enuh" I reply.

As I come out my dad's car I tell him bye and take a seat beside Bianca. "Suh weh di one Jenny a gwaan wid, she mussi a pray dung di whole place yah now" she says jokingly. We both laugh and a few minutes later I pass out on her shoulder.

"Lizzie how you hard fi wake Suh, get up man!" Bianca says as she shakes me to get up.  " bredda mi cya bada wid dis todeh enuh" I say as I slowly get out of the bus.  " Mi never tell a soul fi stay up late a watch Grey's anatomy, remember seh mi and you nah guh the same way Suh stay deh!" She says as she goes the opposite direction from me.

I take out my phone to check the timetable I was given and even with that I still got to class 25 minutes late. I get in just in time to hear all the things that we have to cover for my first year.

5:00pm

Darn class is over and I just want some pizza as I skipped lunch today. I begin walking over to the law faculty to meet my bestie as I know she is still in class chatting. She unlike me has a lot of her friends from high school in her class while I don't know anyone.

As I enter the door this tall half frass rasta boy pass and bumped my ass right to the floor.  "Bomboclaat well at least a never your pretty face lick up" he says as he helps me up. Me staring right in his brown glossy eyes and him staring right in my soul, it was almost as if we were gonna kiss and the suddenly ...... I hear "har gram a iam_izz.ie cause it seem like you forgot how u did a text dung mi phone seh you hungry"  says Bianca. " Dats y mi love Bianca Enuh" he says as he lets go off my hands and walk over to his friends.

"Girl why you give him mi ig mi never tell you fi do dat" I say with a nervous and embarrassed faced. "Relax girl yah act like you nuh like him" Bianca replies teasingly. "I have a damn boyfriend!" I say loudly as we walk to our dorm room.  " You mean the marriage Jenny an arrange fi you, girl you know yuh deven happy the fuck yah force it fah".

I really am not happy at all but I hate to admit it.

"He is the love of my life and not everyone wants to just have a boyfriend some of us want marriage and I'm a Christian" I say proudly. "I believe in God too sis relax all I'm saying is don't let your feelings of obligation to the Luke or John or wah ever the fuck him name cloud your real feelings to someone you might actually love" Bianca replies as she orders pizza from my Pizza Hut.

sheloves_zt requested to follow you

"Girl a him dis" I say as I turn to Bianca. "Yeah a him dat Izzie accept it nuh" she says anxiously. I can almost hear my mom in my ears telling me not to do it but ignoring the voice I do it and opened a whole new chapter in my life.