Chapter: 37

Aayansh Shekhawat Pov, "No! We are not doing this!" Kritika yelled, her voice piercing the air. I closed my eyes, feeling the weight of her words.

Here we were, all siblings gathered, discussing my wedding as if my opinion didn't matter. Divya and Chavi had joined us too, summoned by Vanya's insistence.

"Kritika, I'm younger than you. Please, listen to me first," Vanya implored with equal fervor, her plea hanging in the tense atmosphere. I let out a deep sigh, a silent prayer for harmony amidst the chaos.

Divya, Kritika, and I were nestled together on the bed, while Kartik, Vanya, and Kiaan claimed the couch. Dev was engrossed in his phone by the window, and Chavi listened quietly to the ongoing squabble.

It was nearing midnight, and yet, here were these kids, passionately debating over the Sangeet ceremony plans.

Divya's chuckle snapped me out of my reverie. I turned to her as she said, "Guys, I think we should also consider Aayansh's perspective."

A hush fell over the room as all eyes turned to us. I found myself gazing at her, feeling the warmth of her presence as my knees gently brushed against her lower back.

"Arey woh toh wahi karenge joh tum kahogi" (hey he'll do whatever you say) Chavi's words shattered the awkward silence, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. If she weren't my wife's best friend, I might have considered more drastic measures.

"You're right," Kiaan chimed in, siding with her. I shot him a death glare, but he merely looked away, unfazed.

Then, as if summoned by the chaos, the door burst open, revealing Rudrakshit. His room was adjacent to ours, and it seemed he'd caught wind of our heated discussion.

"It's midnight, go to sleep," I smiled, hearing Rudrakshit's familiar tone. I rose from the bed, crossing the room toward him-my true brother.

"No, we're discussing all the rituals that'll take place," Vanya whined like a child. Rudrakshit's gulp was audible as he retorted, "You're not discussing; you're shouting."

Vanya responded with a sweet smile, her eyes shooting daggers-though such threats held no sway over my brother.

"Fine, but talk softly," he said, leaving me dumbfounded.

Was that really my brother, Rudrakshit Rajvansh?

"Okay, you guys talk. I am going to make some tea. Anybody wants?" Divya asked, rising from the bed.

Everyone raised their hand except Kiaan. Her brows furrowed, and she inquired, "Kiaan, you don't want?" He shook his head and simply replied, "Actually, bhabhi, I'm going to sleep, so..." Before he could finish, Divya nodded and said, "I understand. Go get some rest."

She walked past me and I followed her like a lost puppy, she was quietly walking towards where kitchen was without even looking back- was she trying to ignore me?

As we reach downstairs, I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards one pillar and pinned her while both her hands above her head.

Her breath hitched as she realised what happened just now.

In that charged moment, the air thick with unspoken tension, I held her against the pillar. Her eyes widened, pupils dilating as she struggled to catch her breath. The silence between us was a tempest, a storm of desire and uncertainty. Our hearts beat in sync, a rhythm that defied reason.

Her skin burned beneath my touch, and I wondered if she could feel the heat radiating from my body. The world outside ceased to exist; it was just us-two souls teetering on the edge of something forbidden.