Chapter: 46

Aayansh Shekhawat Pov,

She hugged me, and I hugged her back even tighter, breathing in her scent, my favorite fragrance. I held on until I felt hot tears soaking through my blazer.

When I finally pulled away, I saw her eyes were brimming with tears, red and swollen. I quickly wiped them away and asked, "What happened, biwi?" She looked at me, and then, to my surprise, slapped me on my right cheek.

I turned my head in the direction of the slap, touching the stinging area. "Dara diya tha apne hamen," (You had scared me) she said, and I looked back at her.I smiled, and she slapped me again, this time on the left cheek. I looked at her and smiled once more.

"Apke bina toh marne mein bhi sukoon nhi hai, biwi sahiba," (There is no peace even in dying without you, biwi sahiba) I said, stopping her as she raised her hand again. Instead, she grabbed my collar tightly and pulled me into a rough kiss.

I let her take the lead, allowing her to vent her frustration. She took my lower lip between hers, and I wrapped both my arms around her waist, pulling her even closer.

She bit my lip hard enough to draw blood, and I smirked into the kiss.

After a few more seconds, she broke the kiss, and our eyes locked. "Aap bahut bure hain," (You are very bad) she said, taking a step back. In response, I got off the bike and walked closer, pulling her in once more by her nape.

"I haven't even gone bad on you yet, Divya," I replied, and her breath hitched. I could feel goosebumps rising on her skin.

Our noses touched, and she licked her lips, covering them with a coat of saliva. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Everything about her affects me in a different way. She breathes, and I'm done.

"Let me go, everyone is waiting for me inside," she said, trying to move back. Instead, I bent down and picked her up in a bridal style. At first, she struggled, but then she held onto my shoulders tightly.

I set her down on the bike and then fixed myself too. "They saw us together there; that's more than enough," I said, holding her hand and guiding it to my waist for support. But she wrapped her arms around my shoulders instead, and I smiled.

I started the bike, and her grip tightened. "This will be my concession for disappearing," I said as we began our ride.

She remained silent, just looking around at the city view, while I kept stealing glances at her through the mirror.

I smiled, seeing her smile.

I was focused on driving when I heard her say, "Bhook lagi hai hamen," (I am feeling hungry) and I asked back, "Batayiye kya khayengi?" (Tell me, what will you eat?)

She paused for a moment, and as we passed a dhaba, she tapped my shoulder. "Aayansh, wait, I want to eat biryani." I quickly stopped the bike, looked at the dhaba, then back at her.

"Biwi sahiba, we can eat your biryani at some restaurant too," I said. She looked at me with narrowed eyes, making me gulp. "Okay, as you say," I relented, and she smiled.

My baby.

We walked into the dhaba, and her eyes scanned the place, probably looking for a seat for us. Soon, a man around 60 years old approached us and asked, "Hukum, aap yahan?" His voice was filled with curiosity. In response, I smiled before speaking.

"Jahan Rani sa milengi, wahan Hukum honge" (Wherever you will find the Queen, King will be there too)

He gave us a warm smile and led us to a very small table. She sat comfortably, while my legs barely fit under the table. She looked at me and bit her lower lip, trying to stifle her laugh.