Our first and last protest

The time was already 5:30 pm making it 30 mins since ola and womi had been waiting for naza, who mike has asked to come bring them to his own location, it was getting more crowded and dark but womi can see naza approaching them clearly, she tips ola but he makes a strange Face saying to her quietly "I don't have issues with naza o" since womi expected him to react base on what she told him outside his compound earlier, Naza greeted ola and looked at womi, hissed and told ola to follow her as they both started discussing base on the protest matter, Naza also wants to address the elephant in the room with immediately, ola can tell base on the reaction he reads from naza but he didn't expects her to come out straight and fast as she did, naza turned and face womi this time speaking Pidgin english trying to intimidate womi with her ghetto slangs,"womi I no understand your matter for here o, Abi you and Mike dey date? Well I no sbi o but if Na so mike no tell me and if he no dey owe you anything my friend better know the people wey you go dey give all these your spoilt brat attitude.." she term to go further,
but ola protected womi this time by saying,"stop naza it is not fully womi's fault here you know, let's just stop it and get to business, we all know that mike is a play boy and naza is game with him, so womi you should be happy you get to find out now because how much more feelings where you ready to nurture for this guy with him not even noticing or appreciating it and please guys I have something to do, tonight we are not here to settle personal issues but to speak for our people and especially our own generation"
this kept womi and Naza silent for a while enough to get back to their senses and naza felt selfish and she apologized to womi and told her that her relationship with Mike is really complicated too and she never thought womi liked mike that much, she also felt bad knowing that womi's love for mike is what makes her still single.

Ola was trying not to get distracted but he was also very happy to see naza apologize to womi and womi accepting naza's sincere apology, as they walked further they saw and experience different type of demonstration from protesters, some was fun and creative while some was just as bitter and realistic as the state of the country.
Naza had brought ola and womi to the spot she left mike but they couldn't find mike there so ola had to call mike's phone again, the thing was that mike had seen three of them coming towards him from afar but he was shock that womi was still with them so he hid in the mist to some other people and answers Ola's phone call, Tells him to walk a little bit further to his current position and mike told ola that he should try to leave womi and Naza behind, this was mike trying to avoid an awkward situation for himself, ola on other hand understood Mike's intention so he tells the girls to wait there while he find mike. the girls agreed and waited as ola left to look for mike.
Mike now sneaks behind ola, trying to be a little silly but ola was not taking any jokes from mike now because he is very angry at him but he gave a weak smile and said,"where is the almighty DJ SWITCH"and Mike responded,"we need to Walk a little further to where the music is coming from", they both walk straight to where mike was talking about.
On getting there mike has introduced ola to a lot of local celebs that ola wasn't even expecting to meet anytime soon and when they get to where DJ SWITCH was, mike started introducing ola to a guy in the DJ'S team.
They were asked to wait a little as DJ SWITCH was busy addressing some other people but ola was a lil bit in a rush, because he knows he has to finish up fast, drop womi in her house as she leaves to the airport tomorrow morning and ola really wants to be at home on time as he feels his family are already suspecting his participation in this ongoing protest.
But he couldn't rush the process and even if he didn't finish up on time, coming out here to address this people for the first time is really worth any kind of stress from his parents, ola was engaging with the other protest organisers and officials sharing and gaining ideas and opinions on the country's matter this mike found boring as he left ola in that position waiting for the DJ to attend to them.

The time now was about 6:50pm. that was when they all heard the first gun shot, this made everyone around go low,ola was  shocked and fear grips him just like everyone else, mike quickly ran from behind to ola more freaked out and more scared asking ola what's happening,
they were all confused not knowing what was happening, that is when the second and third gunshots followed, protester started running to different directions as the gunshots continued. Things got more scary as the protesters found out that it was the Nigeria army and some police men that were shooting towards them, and the streetlight and other lights mounted around the toll gate were all switched off at that time.
ola drags mike as they run with some group of people that they were initially with. they ran down the road into a street and hide in an Hotels compound that the owners where nice enough to open the gates so survivals can have an hiding place, it first happened that they initially ran to an opened church but the church securities quickly closed the gate before they could gain access, imidatly someone ran to them with an update that the hotel down the street is opened. It was when they got inside the hotel they started getting really worried about naza and womi who they have left standing on the protest ground, that has now been attacked by federal military officials, mike and ola tried calling and testing both naza and womi's phone but there was no response on both end.
what just happened was still like a mystery till Mike had logged in to Twitter and saw that they had likely just escaped a massacre, this made them very scared and sad, that they cried and ola started pushing all the blames to mike who was very much more freaked out than him, mike still stands on the fact that ola is the original reason he decided to come to the protest at first.
Ola told mike that had-it been he had not fucked up initially they would have escaped that place together as they both know that mike is the reason they where not together.
This intense argument made these two friends get physical and started fighting each other but were separated by other people hiding for their dear lives inside the hotel's compound. they were also threatened to be thrown out to the dark and scary street with soldiers, police and other uniform men patrolling looking for protesters to arrest, this threat made mike and ola calm down and instead of fighting, they started finding ways to go out and look for their friends.