Maroon's Dead

Happy Easter! 🐰🐣🐇

After leaving the theater, Eddie and Rosie to Maroon Cartoon Studios. Eddie parked next to the main building that had Maroon's office up top. Rosie poked her  head out of the back-seat window who looked like a bundle of nerves.

"Look, there's nobody home." Rosie said nervous. "Let's just get outta here."

"Is that is or are you scared?" Eddie asked as we got out of the car.

"P-P-P-Please, me scared? Don't be ridiculous." Rosie said trying to sound brave. The moment she got out of the car; her teeth started to clatter furiously on the ends of her fingers.

She looks up at Eddie nervously, "Look Eddie,
when you called Maroon, you told him you had the will, but you don't. When he finds out he's gonna be mad! He might try to kill you!" Roger went up against the wall and became thin like a piece of paper.

Eddie walks up to Rosie. "I can handle a Hollywood creme puff. I just don't want the odds to change. You'll be my lookout." Rosie removes her back from the wall. Eddie then heads up the stairs. "And if you see or hear anything, beat the horn twice."

This gave the female toon some confidence. "Yeah, okay, beat the horn twice. Cover his back. Why, nobody gets the drop on Rosaline Rabbit."

Bang❗️

"It's a small world after all..." Rosie is suddenly gets hit on the head with a frying pan, knocking her unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the office, Maroon switched the lights on, being on edge a little. The man hid his small gun in one of his pockets as he looked around. Being unaware, Eddie came out through a secret door in the wall side by side. Eddie reached his hand out and tapped Maroon on the shoulder. Maroon yelped in surprised and backed away.

"What's up doc?" Eddie teased, using Bugs Bunny's catchphrase.

"Valiant, what are you tryin' to do? Ya tryin' ta give me a heart attack?!" Maroon exclaimed in anger.

"I think you need to have a heart for that Maroon." Eddie replied.

"Yeah whatever. You got the will?" Marron asked sounding a bit desperate.

"Yeah I got it, But it ain't gonna come cheap. It's gonna cost ya." Eddie said as he walked over to the drink tray to get a drink.

"You got a lot a brass coming up here by yourself." Maroon stated in a threatening manner, glaring at the private investigator.

"Who said I was here by myself?" Eddie asked with a smirk. Maroon pulled his gun out and pointed it at Eddie, who was too consumed with the liquor to notice.

"Let me see that will," Maroon demanded at her.

"I told you I got it."

"I WANT TO SEE IT NOW!" Maroon shouted as he smacked the drink out his hand, Maroon took the paper from the front pocket of his trench coat.

"'Oh how do I love thee, let me count the ways'. Maroon reads the paper, becoming more confused. "What is this some kind of joke!?"

"No. This is." Maroon turned and got sprayed with seltzer water by Eddie. Maroon dropped his gun with surprise. Eddie grabbed hold of Maroon, pulled his fist back, and punched Maroon in the nose.

The cartoon producer was now on the ground but was forced up when Eddie pointed a gun at him. "Get up." The detective ordered. "Now."

"W-What are you going to do ta me Valiant?" Maroon asked, terrified.

"I'm gonna listen as you spin the Cloverleaf Scenario. A story of greed, sex, and murder," Eddie stated as he held Maroon up by the tie. "And the parts that I don't like, I'm gonna edit out."

"Wait a minute! You got me all wrong, I'm a cartoon maker, not a murderer!" Maroon pleaded.

"Everybody's gotta have a hobby," Eddie hissed as he pushed Maroons tie into the machine. Soon the tie was rolling through the machine like a tape. "Now talk!"

"WAIT, STOP IT, STOP IT!" Maroon cried as Eddie took his foot off the mechanism. "The truth is, I had a chance to sell my studio, but Cloverleaf wouldn't buy it. They went after Acme's place instead. That stubborn broad wouldn't sell! So I was gonna blackmail her with pictures of her and the rabbit's husband!"

"So why accuse Rosie of murdering Minerva Acme?!" Eddie demanded.

"BLACKMAIL! That's all! I've been around toons all my life! I didn't wanna see em' DESTROYED!"

"Toons Destroyed?!" Eddie repeated, a shocked look on his face. "Why?"

"If I tell ya, I'm a dead man!"

"You're a dead man either way!" Eddie said pressing the mechanism.

"Unless that will shows by midnight tonight, Toon Town's gonna be for the free..." Maroon never got to finish when something shined in one of the pictures hanged on the wall. Eddie sees the nozzle of a gun  peeking out from behind the blinds of the window.

"Fuck!"

Three shots rang out in the office, and the bullets met their target. Eddie ducked for cover by springing in different directions. When the coast clear, Eddie looked up from his hiding spot. He lets out a a surprise gasp as he saw Maroons lifeless body with three bullets in his back.

Eddie gets up and looked out the window, opened a part of the blinds, he sees Jesse heading down the alleyway, then took a left turn.

'I knew it' Eddie thought as he watched the toon made a run for it. He knew that guy rubbed him the wrong way. When he made it outside, he saw that there car was empty. When they saw a beige colored car leaving the alley.

"ROSIE!" Eddie exclaimed, looking around for the missing rabbit. When he couldn't find he had assumed she'd chicken or something.

With the rabbit nowhere in sight, Eddie quickly gets into his car and followed the beige car at top speed as he headed downtown to a familiar road.

Toon-Town. Where it all happened.