32 ¶¶ TELLING HER

~*~
ASHLEY

"

"Thank you Diana." I took the papers from her and proceeded to make the necessary changes on the project we were working on my MacBook.

"Do you remember Mr. Montague?" Diana asked as she took her seat on her side of the office. "The creepy old man we hosted a party for?"

I rolled my eyes not taking my eyes of my computer. "Yes Diana, I remember him."

"Boss said he stopped by his office today." She paused hoping to get some reaction from me.

I sighed before responding. "Clients come to visit Mr. Jacobs all the time. What's your point?"

"Well, if you must know, Boss said he wanted to schedule an appointment." She did that dramatic pause again. "With you."

"Is that supposed to be a problem?" I kept on typing.

Diana groaned. "Don't tell you don't think it's weird? If he wanted to discuss business he wouldn't have requested to see just you."

"You're overthinking it." I said absentmindedly again.

To be honest it was a bit weird for clients to request for just one event planner here, but I guess Mr. Montague had a different taste.

"Okay then. But if he tries anything be sure to tell me." She flaunted her nonexistent muscles. "I've been working out with Gabriel."

I let out a laugh while shaking my head. "Noted."

~*~

KYLE

"

"I think I'm gonna tell her today." I said over the phone as I fished for my rings in my drawer.

"Oh." Her tone sounding uncertain. "Why the rush? You said you wanted to give her time."

"I did but...." I paused arrange the words in my head before I voiced them. "You saw how she was with Jayden that day. Sooner or later they're going to get closer and then I can't tell her anything because that'll make me a home wrecker."

I waited for some sort of apprehension or comment from her but there was none so I continued. "I'm just going to let it off my chest. If she's interested fine, if she isn't then it won't change anything."

She sighed on the phone. "Are you sure you'll be fine if she isn't interested."

"It doesn't matter. I know she's hesitant about relationships and all but I'm not telling her about my feelings so she can reciprocate it, I just want to tell her to get it off my chest."

"Good luck then, if the result is positive or negative, just let me know."

"Will do."

Deep down, I already knew the answer that Ashley was gonna give me.

~*~

I patiently waited outside the parking lot in dad's company. According to Diana, Jordan was with Jayden for the day which made today a perfect time to tell Ashley about my feelings for her.

My fingers were shaking and I was sweating. What the hell?

I saw her come down the elevator in dad company and then I took deep breathes to calm my nerves.

Damn it Kyle, get it together what is your problem?

"Hey Kyle." She gave me a beautiful smile before fondling with her bag looking for something. "Is there a reason you wanted to see me this late."