Chapter 34

Yllez looks at me in disbelief. "W-What do you mean?"

"My parents died when I was still a baby and your mother and father adopted me." I said. "Actually, at first I thought you already knew that we're not actually siblings, but then when I knew that you didn't know about us not being siblings I decided to keep it that way as a respect for your mother who doesn't want me to be around you."

"Why would they need to lie and make up stories?"

"I think it's because of your condition, they're just trying to protect you." I replied, unsure.

Marahan tumango si Yllez. Based on her reaction right now, she doesn't seem mad at all.

"I understand that part. But what they didn't know was, I was actually bullied before because I told someone about my condition but turns out that bitch is a traitor." bigkas nito. "Good thing, I met Clementine, Beau, Ray and Mallory."

"Does your parents know about them?"

She shook her head. "No, they actually forbid me from getting close to everyone."

"It make sense now, akala ko sa akin ka lang nila pinapalayo."

"But why did you pushed me away before? I could've help you raised Einna." may bahid ng lungkot ang boses nito. "I was devastated when you left me, I almost killed myself and if it's not because of my friends I would have been dead by now."

"I'm sorry." napayuko dahil hindi ko kayang salubungin yung mga tingin niya. "I'm uncertain with my feelings before, tsaka buntis na ako nun, ayaw kong masira yung pangarap mo sa buhay, tsaka commitment is not a joke, 17 ka palang nun."

"Ano nalang sasabihin ng mga tao? Na-buntis ako ng 17 years old, that will ruined our image, not only us but to your parents too, because they all thought that we are siblings."

"Touchè. But I was really hurt with what you said to me before, you know."

"Again, I'm sorry, I need to do that in order for you to hate me, para mawala yung nararamdaman mo sa akin pero ang tigas talaga ng puso mo."

"You should be happy, sayo lang loyal 'to." she grinned conceitedly. "Nung nagkita tayo ulit bakit hindi mo sinabi sa akin ang lahat?"

"I only see you as sister before, Yllez, yet I have this unexplainable feelings that I just realized recently." I explains, playing with my fingers. "I've always wanted a sister when I was young and when I learned that Tita Carol was pregnant with a girl, I was the happiest but that all change when you were born, they forbid me to see you." I added. "Nang una tayong magkita, sobrang saya ko nun, kasi finally nagkita narin tayo. I did my best to be your best sister, but you didn't treat me as one, although you didn't know yet that we're not actually siblings."

"Then, why did you let me have you at that night when I was drugged?" may pagtataka sa boses nito.

"I couldn't stand seeing you crying and begging me to help you, you look so helpless at that night. And I'm afraid to bring you in the hospital because I also don't want them to know about your condition, I don't want them to judged you."

She hummed. "Then why are you so mad at me when we met again here in the Philippines?"

"Because you're stupid for not recognizing Vereinna as yours. Can't you see the resemblance you both have?! She's exactly a mini you!" I scolwed, glaring at her now.

Napanguso ito. "Hey! She's a mini you." she fired back.

"Stupid." I grunted.

"So, why did you lie about Lincoln that he is your husband?"

"You're the one who assumed that Lincoln was my husband, just like Anastacia." I rolled my eyes.

I didn't told her that Lincoln was my husband, sinabayan ko nalang siya nung mga panahon na inaakala niyang asawa ko ang pinsan ko.

Ganyan siya katanga para hindi mapansin resemblance namin ni Lincoln.

"Hey, it was Lincoln who told me that he is your husband." she retorted. "And it's also because of your surname, why did you change it anyway?"

Nasanay na rin kasi si Lincoln na mapagkamalan siyang asawa ko dahil kay Anastacia kaya ayun pinanindigan na rin niya.

"I'm not really a Calvry, I need to change it... for Vereinna's sake too."

Sandali siyang napaisip saka marahan tumango. "Sabagay, Calvry-Calvry? Hmmm."

"Pinagsasabi mo?"

"Kapag pinakasalan mo na ako hindi malilito yung mga tao at pagkamalan tayong incest, ayaw mo pa naman nun."

Aba.

Ang kapal ng mukha.

"Napaka-assuming mo naman."

She whined. "You're not gonna marry me? Come on, I'm doing this for Einna's sake."

"Ginamit mo pa anak natin."

"Pakasalan mo muna ako tapos, saka kita liligawan." Itinaas-baba nito ang kanyang kilay.

"Wala ka na bang itatanong pa?"

"Will you marry me?"

"No."

"Ouch."

"Why are you taking everything I said so lightly? You should get mad at me for lying to you and keeping Einna away from you."

"Why would I? You already explained it to me, kung magagalit ako ngayon, hindi naman maibabalik nun ang mga panahon na nagkahiwalay tayo." kibit-balikat na sagot nito. "Gusto mo lang siguro ako magalit para makalayo ka sa akin ano?" naniningkit ang mga mata nitong tinitigan ako. "Subukan mo, kikidnapin ulit kita." pagbabanta niya.

Bakit ko nga ba nagustuhan ang babaeng 'to.

"But anyway, may plano ka bang sabihin sa akin ang lahat kapag hindi ko nalaman ngayon?"

Tumango ako. "Yes, I was just waiting for the right time, but then we met again unexpectedly."

"See? We're meant to be talaga kaya marry me now."

"No. Magpagaling ka muna."

"Kapag magaling na ako, papakasalan mo na ako?"

"You should asks me first if I love you, hindi yung kasal agad ang nasa isip mo." asik ko.

"Oh..." she mumbled, nodding with a wide smile on her face. "So? Do you love me?"

"No."

"The heck?" her jaw's hanged open. "Marry me na kasi para maligawan kita tapos mahalin mo na ako." she whined.

"Tigilan mo ako, Yllezabeth, kahit naka-dextrose ka diyan masasapak kita, kailangan ko pang ayusin yung pangalan mo." stress na saad ko.

"Oh, about that? Clementine and my friends handled it already, burado na din sa lahat ng social media at news."

"Bakit kasi ang assuming mo."

"Aba. Malay ko ba naman kasi, you can't blame me for thinking that way. Ikaw ba naman tignan ng masama araw-araw tapos ang init pa ng dugo mo sa akin, iisipin ko talaga na kaya ka galit sa akin dahil ni-rape kita." palatak niya.

She has a point though.

"Yeah, you've got a point."

"See."

"Pointless." hindi pwedeng magpapatalo ako sa kanya kahit tama siya.

"Sige na lang."

"Stupid."

"Your stupid girl."