Chapter 6

Hot shot was in the hospital getting treatment for a brain tumor called Medulloblastoma. Which is brain cancer. Hot shot is fully recovered from the brain surgery. Hot shot was still having trouble being able to walk easily. He had problems with balance still, he also had trouble walking easily and walking straight. Hot shot was still doing therapy to help improve that problem. Dr. Acord his neurologist said sometimes after brain surgery there can be lasting effects on mobility it can be for several months to years, or be life long. "If that is the case Hot shot may need a mobility aid, like a walker or crutches, or a service dog," Dr. Acord said. "Many with brain tumor removal do need things to help them do everyday life," she said.

"I have a question. What is a service dog?" Hot shot asked.

"A service dog is a specially trained dog, to help someone with a disability," Dr. Acord said. "There are many types of service dogs, for instance there dogs that are seeing eye dogs for the blind, there are dogs who help people who are deaf by listening for sounds the person can't hear, there are dogs for people who have seizures, there are dogs who help people in wheelchairs, there are dogs who help people with fainting spells, there dogs who help kids with Autism, and dogs who help people who have trouble with balance, gait trouble or walking straight by walking along side them and giving support while they walk to make it easier and safer for them." she said. "These dogs can be any breed, and the best breeds for the person to have depends on their disability some disabilities like seeing eye dogs, dogs for people in wheelchairs, one to keep a child with Autism from running off when they shouldn't, or need one to help them walk needs to be a large to giant breed," she said.

"Wow I love dogs," Hot shot said.

"He sure does, he has been asking for one," Quickshadow said.

"Maybe a service dog can help Hot shot, I hear they can also comfort the person they are helping when they are having a hard time and alert others nearby when their owner needs help," Heatwave said. "Hot shot's not allergic to dogs so that is a good thing," he said.

"Well if you decide on the service dog you have to look at many different large to giant breeds and decide which is best for Hot shot," Dr. Acord said. "Such as personality and temperament along with caring for the service dog." she said. "You should know once paired with a service dog you need to remember that Hot shot the service dog will have to do some classes together so the dog he is paired with will know his specific needs and anything else about Hot shot and bond with him." she said.

"We understand," Quickshadow said. "It some of the things we need to consider," she said.

"Yes it is," Heatwave said.

"Okay," Hot shot said. "I guess I won't be able to really compete in sports anymore," he said.

"Well there are other types of competitions you can be in," Dr. Acord said. "There is chess, there are card games with special trading cards, and there are video game tournaments," she said.

"Do they have video game competitions for Pokemon?" Hot shot asked.

"Let's look it up," Heatwave said. "Yes there is it is called the Pokemon championship series, the have competitions for the card game, and many of the different video games of the Pokemon series," he said.

"Cool," Hot shot said. "But I don't have a Nintendo Switch and I just learned how to read so how can I play a Pokemon game if I don't have a Nintendo Switch?" he asked.

Heatwave turned to Quickshadow. "Your brother said he was looking for a good idea for Hot shot's Christmas present so how about we suggest a Nintendo switch with a couple of Pokemon games?" Heatwave said in a whisper to Quickshadow.

"Good idea," Quickshadow whispered back and shot her brother a text with the idea.

"Many video gamers stream their playing online for others to see. Many of them get many followers and some get big signing bonuses and get paid to stream." Dr. Acord said.

Hot shot was soon taken to the radiology center to get an MRI and to get radiation therapy. Hot shot was ready for it too. "Okay Hot shot stay nice and still," Howie told him. Hot shot was getting the MRI first. Hot shot was staying very still. Hot shot held on to Roxy the rhino as the scan was going on. Then the scan was over. "Good job Hot shot you did well," he said.

Then Hot shot was take to get his radiation therapy done. Hot shot was staying as still as possible. He was doing a really good job. Hot shot was staying still as a statue. He wasn't moving a muscle. He was breathing calmly and quietly. Hot shot was listening to Pokemon music as he was getting it done. Hot shot heard the whir of the radiotherapy machine as the music was playing. Hot shot was thinking about many things and such. He was wondering about doing video games as competing and if he does do it, he could he do it if he doesn't have a video game system? Hot shot was thinking about a lot of things. But Hot shot was doing just fine. Then the radiotherapy machine stopped.

"Okay Hot shot you are all done," Tallie said.

"All done for today," Hot shot said.

Now Hot shot had a few things to do. Hot shot has been having radiation for almost six weeks. His last radiation treatment is tomorrow. Hot shot was looking forward to finishing it up. Hot shot's hair was still falling out quite a bit. Hot shot was find a lot of hair in some places. Hot shot was still getting used to it.

That Friday Hot shot came to the radiology department to finish his last session of radiation therapy. Then the was going to have six week rest before starting chemotherapy. Hot shot was looking forward to finishing radiation therapy. Hot shot stayed very still for it. Then after 25 minutes the session was over. "There you go Hot shot all done," Tallie said.

"I finished my last one," Hot shot said.

"You sure did," Tallie said.

Hot shot was able to take take his mask with him. His father helped him put in a safe place in his hospital room. Hot shot got settled in his bed to rest for a bit.

Hot shot was very busy. Hot shot was able to rest from treatment and then move on to chemotherapy later. Hot shot was wondering about chemotherapy.

Hot shot soon celebrated Christmas in the hospital with his parents. Hot shot got many presents from family and family friends. Hot shot was happy to be able to his Christmas with his parents. But he was sad about not being able to see his family. Hot shot was hoping to see his family again soon. Hot shot was doing a lot better than before.

Hot shot was happy to have a Nintendo Switch Lite. It was his favorite color yellow. He even had a few Pokemon games to play on it. There were Pokemon Shield, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, and Pokemon Violet. Hot shot was happy to have those games. Hot shot was ready to play. His parents helped him set up the Nintendo Switch Lite. Hot shot was happy to be able to play it.

Hot shot was wondering which Pokemon game to play first. He chose Pokemon Shield because it was based off the UK. Hot shot was having a lot of fun playing it. He was smiling and having fun. "It is good to see him smile," Heatwave said.

"It sure is," Quickshadow said.

Hot shot was playing with some of the stuffed animals he got for Christmas. He was having a lot of fun with it too. Hot shot was very brave and going to keep fighting until he is better. Even though he can't do things the way he used to, he can still find new things to and ways to have fun.