Chapter 15

Isabelle's POV

I inwardly cringed at the cacophonous noise my classmates were making. Exams were over for the term, the term was basically over and my classmates saw it as an opportunity to make stupid noise.

Some of them shook soft drinks and opened them, leading to an explosion of colorful carbonated liquids. The class was an absolute mess. The richest girls in the class were at a corner drinking wine, like... actual wine. Everyone talked and laughed with so much gusto.

Danna was still nowhere to be found, I'd been seeing less and less of her throughout the exam period. Sharon was somewhere hanging out with Peter or spreading 'love and happiness' to whoever she saw . That girl was so ebullient, it really made me wonder if she had any problems in her life.

I, on the other hand, was on my seat waiting for Bryan who went to buy me snacks. Since I had nothing to actually do, I occupied myself by looking at all the madness going on in the class whilst pattering on the desk with my fingers.

"Hi Isa!" I looked up to see Racheal, one of my many classmates standing in front of me and batting her eyelashes. She took the pain of dragging a random chair to my desk and sitting on it.

"Hi Racheal! What seems to be the matter?" I asked rather colorlessly.

I looked at the figure sitting in front of me admiring her dark skin and fleshy body. She had a slightly curvy body, which was in my opinion, a bit excessive for someone her age. It contrasted to my straight body. I noticed her short jet-black natural hair that was packed up with two braids in the front. It complimented her round face and her dark brown eyes.

"You don't need to sound so poetic na. I just wanted to find out how the relationship with Bryan is going."

I tried to keep a serious face but my blush got in the way. "It is going fine, thanks for the thought."

Her statement triggered suspicion in me. Why did she suddenly come to me inquiring about my relationship with Bryan? We had never talked to each other before. She was also in SS1A so we were not geographically close to each other, let alone verbally close.

"You know, I thought you would never date oo. The way you act all Mrs. God, Mrs. God." She smiled at me. "But it's nice sha to see you making changes."

I smiled. How was it nice that I left my simple straightforward, intransigent lifestyle and changed to something worse?

"So tell me," she went on, displaying a rictus that seemed fake. "Have you guys, you know... You know na?" She moved her hands in a funny gesture.

I feigned ignorance. "I am afraid I don't understand."

She hissed. "Have you guys done anything?"

"Not really!" I admitted sincerely.

"Wow! You are really making progress oo!" I smiled again, getting really tired of the conversation.

"How far Danna now? You guys have not really been talking these days. Did you guys quarrel?"

"No, we didn't quarrel. She has just not been very available this period," I spoke.

"Really?"

I nodded.

"That's strange," she continued. "I saw her in the library a few minutes ago. She was there yesterday as well. It felt strange seeing her there, but I'm used to her. She's a very strange girl. It's no wonder why there are so many rumors about her. She doesn't even try to deny any of them."

I gave an inaudible laugh.

"You said you saw her at the library a few minutes ago," I recalled.

"Yes na! It looked as if she was waiting for someone. I don't know, I'm not sure, but you can check."