Chapter 23

Isabelle's POV

"Mehn! Like play, like play, school is opening next week," Sharon pointed out. We were on a phone call with Danna... again.

"I've not even done any assignment," she continued.

"You've not done any assignment? Sharon?!" Danna yelled.

"Wait, Danna, you've done assignments?" I questioned.

"Of course na! Why wouldn't she have? When Inioluwa is there to influence her," Sharon teased.

"It's a good thing oo... If there's anything Bryan's influencing me to do, it's to chill and relax," I stated getting chuckles from the girls.

"Well, I've done all my assignments with the right materials. I've also started reading third term's scheme," Danna bragged.

I was impressed. "Wow! Me too!"

Sharon whined, "Abi it's like it's only me that is going backward. I need to upgrade oo. It's not fair!"

I could imagine the innocent pout on her face even though I wasn't seeing her. She acted like such a baby sometimes.

"Sharon? Aren't you happy that you'll get to see Peter next week?"

She laughed sarcastically. "Throughout this holiday, Isabelle, it's only you that has been enjoying. You and Bryan have been visiting each other as if you guys are fiancé and fiancée. You are basically sharing the same house with him."

"Technically," Danna asserted. "They are fiancé and fiancée."

"Exactly!" I concluded.

"Yeah whatever!" Sharon's tone was indifferent. 

Using a brighter tone, she went on, "You guys should snap your homework and send me na."

"Danna would do that one for you. Her own was done with the right materials... she even said so herself. But you see my assignment? It's not for dubbing."

"Ta!" Danna protested. "I'm not snapping any assignment oo. My assignments that I used my energy to do."

Sharon whined. "Like it's not Ini that helped you."

"Don't call him Ini." Danna said possessively. "And he did not exactly help me, he just gave me tips and good websites and textbooks to use."

Sharon hissed. "You girls are not being very helpful."

I laughed at her. "Do your homework by yourself. If you like, don't start now, today is Wednesday, na na na, Thursday will reach, then Friday and Saturday, and then Sunday too. Then on Monday, if you haven't finished your assignments by then, you would na start dubbing it on a Monday morning... The first day of third-term."

"What a life!" Danna concluded.

"Oo...oh!" she lamented. "I would start doing it today, later in the day. Aya... you guys should bring gist."

"We are not guys, we are girls," Danna corrected.

"Actually," I started. "'Guys' can be used to refer to a group or bunch of people irrespective of their gender. It is 'guy', singular form, that means a man."

"Wahala oo! Wahala for us that don't kniw English," Danna mocked.

"I swear!" Sharon added.

I just hissed playfully.

"Come oo, Danna, I've been meaning to ask you this question since this holiday started," Sharon began.

"Yes, what is it?" Danna inquired. I started to get curious.