Chapter 12

"Could you two please hurry up! We need to make it to the place today itself!!" Isha said walking back and forth while Prachi and I  wrapped up for the day.

We planned to visit to a nearby food plaza as a celebration after the report presentation day yesterday. After the hard work of all those weeks, we deserved to treat ourselves with a little bit of rest and leisure.

"They will be here in 5 mins." Prachi said sliding her phone back inside her pocket as the three of us reached the plaza and waited. Soon the boys caught up to us and we went inside the plaza.

We took our seats at the table in the far end of a restaurant. Then we waited for our food to arrive while chit chatting.

"It feels so good to be free after a long time. We could say all our hard work paid off." Nikhil said sighing. We all agreed.

"Yes, not only was it a good opportunity to learn something new but we also ended up getting extra scores for the presentation." Prachi said.
"Not just that. Despite all the stress and having an panic attack, Sai managed to do it so well. And we ended up among one of the top groups." Ajay said passing me a smile.

I knew Ajay would have managed to get the top rank if not for me making a mistake. He had that talent.

I lowered my head but then lifted it again with a smile.
All of these people sitting besides me now have been consistently supportive throughout the project. They have especially been cheering and motivating me after the presentation.
Constantly telling me how it was nice for a first attempt, how confident I seemed, how to-the-point I spoke, etc.

After having our food and looking around the plaza for a while, we decided to return to the campus. Once near the hostels we bid the boys goodbye and made our way to our hostel.
We were happily satisfied for the day and tired too. So we walked towards our room to retire for today.

"Oh shit!!" Prachi stopped just a few steps away from our room. Isha and me turned to her questioning.
"I forgot to pick up my parcel from the warden again. Goddd!! I'm too tired I'll just pick it up tomorrow. Let's go." She said.

"No issues. I'll pick it up for you." Isha said.
"It's fine. It's a parcel from home. You're tired too. Let it be. I'll get it in the morning." Prachi refuted.
"Babe, anyway I have to go down to fill the water bottles in my room before I sleep. I'll pick it up then." Isha explained and Prachi agreed.
"Oh wait. I have to fill up the bottles in our room too. I'll tag along." I said.

Within a few minutes Isha and me headed downstairs, filled our water bottles and picked up Prachi's parcel on our way back.

"Look at that bitch. Looks so innocent but isn't actually." I heard someone say out loud.
Initially I ignored it because girls bitching about other girls isn't something new here. But I halted in my steps when I heard what she said further.
"She acts like all high and mighty as if she didn't mess up in her presentation. If not for that guy with her. She would have made a fool of herself and her group."

I turned to look around and saw one of the senior girls standing against a wall as she told all this to her friend. The friend had a smirk on her face as she stared at me before saying, "Of course he saved her. I heard she has him totally wrapped around her fingers. He is such a smart boy, God knows how he fell in her trap."

I stiffened in my place. Isha tried to pull me away but I didn't budge.

"Really. Who knew girls like her who act all nice and pure could be like this to win a place in a small project presentation. I doubt if she really is so intelligent as people make her out to be. Or she just uses her way to make it to the top."