Chapter 17

*Shoutout to Shan29z6s for voting for the chapters. Thankyou for your support. I hope you enjoy reading hereforth too.💛

"So, what is the gossip you two are so excited about?" I asked Isha and Prachi.

"What I'll tell you, you won't believe me. I can bet on it! Therefore I suggest let's hear out Prachi first." Isha said.

"Is that so? Okay let's start with Prachi then." I said and we turned to Prachi.

"So, during my clinical posting I met Nikhil. We was randomly chatting and out of curiosity I asked him about the boxing match yesterday. And guess what?" Prachi paused, before continuing.
"It turns out it wasn't Arjun who beat up Barun!"

"Then... who did? Didn't those guys say that he participated in the boxing match last night?" I asked curiously.

"He did participate. But it wasn't him. In fact his matches got over earlier. Barun was beaten up after they had already left. Nikhil told me that." She said.

"Then...did he tell you who did that and why? Perhaps they know, afterall they stay in the boys hostel where the match took place." I asked now growing more curious by what I got to know.

Prachi moved her head in denial.

But then Isha chimed in as she revealed, "It wasn't Arjun. It was actually Nish who beat Barun."

"What?!!" Prachi and me shouted together. Completely shocked.

"Are you serious? How do you know?" Prachi asked to which Isha said, "I'm damn sure it's true."

"But didn't Nish seem friendly with Barun when he left? Aren't they friends? Still he beat him so much for a match." I pondered confused.
"Why do you think so?" Prachi asked too

"You see, if Arjun didn't beat Barun up, then the only other champion is Nish.
And didn't you see this morning, his hand was bandaged."

"But that doesn't prove anything. It could just be a coincidence." I tried to reason.

"I thought the same until I heard his conversation with Hina later. He really did that... for Sai." She said.

"Huh?! Why would he do that for me? How can that be?!" I said unable to find any logic.

"Yeah they don't even get along. I don't believe you either. You must have misheard." Prachi supported me.

"I think he likes you!" Isha suddenly said.
My brain went blank. Completely in shock.

I turned towards Isha, about to scold her for saying something so irresponsibly. But Prachi cut me to it.

"That's actually unbelievable. What exactly did you hear? Tell us all you know. Now!" Prachi said.

Isha sassily flipped her hairs and started telling us.

"He didn't directly confess. It's my gut feeling. He was with Hina. She was scolding him for hurting his hands again. He too seemed completely pissed off. That's when I heard it all." Isha told.

We expectantly looked at her to know what she heard.

Nish: "I knew I should have done more than breaking his arm. Maybe shouldn't have spared his legs either!"

Hina: "Calm down. Don't worry it's just a bruise on her hand. As she said, it would be fine."
He stayed silent for a while.