Chapter 19

*Shoutout to SanaChandiwala for showing voting for the chapters. You support and response really encourages me. Thankyou💛. I hope you enjoy reading hereforth too.*

"Did you have your dinner? Or do you plan to starve yourself once you're back there?" Mummy asked me through the phone.

"Yes, I've had the dinner and I've almost finished unpacking." I answered.
"Also, I don't starve myself Mummy. I eat properly." I added.

"Don't. Do not give me that. You've clearly lost so much weight. And earlier you didn't go for the tea either. You were the one who told me that." She said.

I let out a sigh.
Mummy has been fussing a lot about the few kilos of weight I've lost in the past months. When in reality I had only shed some extra fat. But as always, Mom's are moms. They get worried about every small thing when it comes to their children.

"Okay Mummy, I'm going to prepare for tomorrow. I've college tomorrow. You too go back to sleep, it's getting late. I'll talk to you in the morning. Good night. Tata!" I said quickly trying to escape the conversation. I can't win over her.

"There she goes, changing the topic again." She mumbled to Pa.

"Okay, we'll go to sleep now. You too sleep early. Good night. Tata!" Pa said not letting Mummy to say any further and disconnecting the call.
I know what will happen now. Now Mummy is going to nag him about it all for at least an hour. But Pa, he would just fall asleep through it. That too without Mummy realising.

It happens often.

Tired I put away my phone, finished arranging for tomorrow and went to bed. I turned to my side and saw Prachi already asleep. She arrived here before me and had finished unpacking too before I reached here this evening. At tea time.
Isha too arrived by the dinner time. So we will meet her in the morning, in the college directly.

I closed my eyes, trying to sleep.

'Aaahhh! I miss Kyubi so much!'
While I was at home he slept besides my bed. He did that everytime. His soft snores were tranquil.
I guess from today onwards he will sleep with Saavi or Vii, on their beds.
Eventually I fell asleep thinking about home.

...

(Next day)

Me, Isha and Prachi were chatting loudly, like everyone in the lecture hall. Even though those were just 15days, we still had so much to tell each other.

"You looked pretty in that lehenga. It really suited you." Prachi said when we got to the topic of the wedding.

"Yeah. You should try some bold colours too next time." Isha said.

I smiled at them.
Just then the girl sitting in front of us turned back, towards us.
"Hey!! I saw that pic too. You were really pretty. I never imagined to see you putting efforts and getting dressed. But it was nice to see that." She said that.

Just when I was trying to figure out, confused, whether she meant it or it was a taunt, her friend sitting besides her asked,
"What are you guys talking about? Which pic?"
"Oh Sai uploaded a photo on her Insta account. She looked really pretty!" She explained him.
"Oh, I didn't know. We don't follow each other on Insta." He said with a shrug, before putting on a smile and saying, "But I want to see it too."
I smiled at him. The girl pulled out her phone and showed him the pic.
His expression instantly changed.
"The hell!! Is that you?" He asked looking at me.
"Ye... Yeah. It was a family function so I had to dress up." I replied awkwardly. I haven't talked to guys in my college much in these 4 years. It was still uncomfortable for me.