Chapter five - flying sparks

I was really excited to go back to work the next Monday, I enjoyed talking to Miss Arison a lot. I think I'm getting closer to her. She really is a nice person at heart, and I really need someone new in my life. It's just so boring and lonely, so why not?

The first thing I do after getting there is going to her office, I brought coffee for her. I somehow managed to pick up on her order a few days ago, when she was in front of me in the coffee shop. It's basically strong black coffee with two sugars. Who even likes their coffee that bitter, that isn't coffee no more. But if she likes it then okay, I'll get it for her anyway. I knock on her door and wait for her to call me in, which she does immediately. I walk in seeing her on the phone, so I stay quiet and just place the coffee on her desk waiting for her to finish the call. I really hope I'll spend some time by her side again today, not that I'm complaining about the other work but it's just so much more interesting with her. She has just this personality that draws one in, there's no way around her.

Meanwhile I stare out the window watching a few birds and waiting for her to end the call. I was so focused in them that I didn't even notice that she already ended the call. Only when she whistled to get my attention, I turn to her again and smile. "Good afternoon, I brought coffee." I say in a cheerful voice, I feel really happy today. "Oh I see someone is in a good mood today hmm?" She questions and I roll my eyes at her comment and smirk. "Tsk tsk tsk, don't roll your eyes at me sweetheart." Oh dear lord, what did she just call me? I'm too weak for this shit, nicknames have got me melted. If she keeps this up I might just fall in love here and now.

But she just goes on with the conversation like she didn't just call me sweetheart. "So Miss Donovan, you'll be working by my side today. But we won't tend to a client we will just work through old files." Oh thank god I can work with her again, I prayed for this. "Okay good." I say and nod. I think this is going to be an amazing day.

Throughout sorting out these old client files we start talking about funny stuff, we laugh a lot. Mostly about funny clients or stuff from school or our lives, I learned a few things about her. She lives alone, so she isn't married or anything, her favourite colour is blue and she really likes silly things. Oh and the most important thing is that she is 35 years old, I never would have thought that she is that old. I mean she isn't old but I thought she was in her twenties. She just looks so good, she aged like fine wine practically.

After some time we sit down next to each other on the floor. Our conversation somehow got a little deeper. "You often seem a bit, mhm how do I say it. Sad? Angry? Oh I know disappointed!" Miss Arison says looking at me. Oh I really didn't want to talk about that at all. "Oh Miss Arison-" She interrupts me scooting closer until our arms touch slightly. "Jade. It's Jade for you sweetheart." This gives me sparks, she just allowed me to call her by her first name. This can't get any better.

She bumps my arm softly nodding for me to go on. "I'm not. It's just my resting face, I can't smile all day." I say. "It's just that you seem so inside yourself, like you don't talk to people much or seem so happy overall." She returns holding my gaze until I look away. She takes my chin gently in her hand and turns my head back to her. I blush, this was way too intense. I really liked that gesture though, it makes it seem like she really cares. "Miss Arison, Jade it's nothing really. I'm just like that." I shrug. "No one is just like that darling. You can tell me, you can trust me." She says squeezing my hand. She really makes it seem like I can trust her, she is just drawing me in with her warmth and comforting tone. "I don't know Jade. It's not like I'm sad or anything, just lonely. But yeah it's okay, it's just always been like that." I shrug turning my head away again. I didn't really want to talk about how I'm feeling, yet here I am sharing it with her. I haven't told anyone before, no one ever cared enough to ask not that I would have told them but still.

She shakes my arm a bit and I look at her again in a questionable manner. "Sweetheart I called you a few times." Oh did I zone out? "I'm sorry, I guess I just zoned out for a moment." "You sure you okay?" She looks at me concerned. "I guess." I mean am I? I don't even know. "Oh darling, come here." She says inviting me in her arms.

She hugs me tightly not once letting go. This feels really nice, I don't remember the last time I had someone hug me. It's been way too long, I mean I don't even like physical touch but this, I really needed this. Suddenly I feel tears running down my cheeks, oh my gosh am I really crying right now? I don't want to cry in front of her, but she notices immediately. "Hush darling, it's okay." She wipes my tears and shifts me in her lap so I'm straddling her. After a bit I calm down and take my head off of her shoulder. I look at her again and see her smiling. Her smile makes me melt and feel warm in my heart. "You better now hmm?" I nod.

All of the sudden she smirks and shortly after she tickles my sides, I squeal. Oh god I'm so so ticklish I might start hitting her. "Please stopp." I say trying to get her arms away, but she seems consistent and she is way stronger than me anyway. I squeal some more and she slowly stops. I sigh in relief and catch my breath, my chest going up and down fast. "Don't ever do that again!" I say fake mad but then break out laughing. "Hmm, or what?" She says in an intimidating way.

I blush and turn my head away, but she does that chin thing again. She really likes doing that huh? "You know, you're really pretty." She says seriously not leaving an option for arguing. She really thinks that? I'm just average, nothing special I'm not that outstanding type of pretty. "You really think that?" I revert the question. "Yes darling you're so beautiful." She answers while brushing some hair behind my ear. I blush even more now, she really means that I'm beautiful. That drop dead gorgeous woman in front of me finds me pretty, and not to forget I sit on her lap right now too. This all seems to unreal, I just was in my boring life and now I'm here with her. She's really grown to me already.

I shift to stand up and hold out my hand so I can help her get up too. As much as I liked sitting in her lap, I couldn't take it anymore without going crazy. She goes up and turn around to face me, I look into her eyes and see her already looking at me. We are so close right now, I can practically touch our tension.

I glance down at her lips and oh god they're so plump and so pretty, I glance up into her eyes again and see her looking at my lips leaning closer to me. I hold my breath - is she actually. Our lips almost touch when she pulls back and turn around touching her temples. "You have to go." She says coldly turning around. "What?" I say disappointed. "I said go." She says even harsher pointing at the door. I just do what she says with tears in my eyes. What did just happen?

Ohh finally things are getting more interestingg!! I really like this chapter, and I hope you enjoyed it:) Remember to eat and sleep babes xx