chapter six: key encounters

it's finally published. chapter six, the chapter we've all been waiting for. for hope yall enjoy this chapter, and don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

———————————————————————

Chapter six: Key Encounters

Y/N stood in speechlessness and shock as she gazed at the boy. As soon as he heard a gulp coming from Y/N, he stopped fidgeting with the keys and looked up, staring into her eyes. She felt the stone in her stomach grow heavier.

She stood frozen like a statue, trying hard not to blush in nervousness. Five's facial expressions remained neutral, as always. He always tried his best to act as cold and emotionless as possible.

Five calmly approached her as she kept her hands behind her back. He got closer to her, perhaps too close, but in her mind, she didn't mind. She could see his beautiful green eyes up close, and she caught a whiff of his 'Dior Sauvage' cologne. Not a word was spoken, and this silence was not awkward; it was intense. Y/N could feel the tension between them, even though he didn't say a word or do anything in particular. Maybe it was just her? Of course, it's just her. How could it be any other way? This was the first time she had met him in such a long time, and he didn't even recognize her.

He slowly reached for her bare arm, she felt the warmth of his warm, but also kinda cold, veiny hand on her skin. Goosebumps started to raise up on her whole body, as she held her breath of nervousness, and five- yeah he noticed. Opening up her hands to put the keys in her palm, looked up into her eyes, and sighed before he opened his mouth to speak. "Y/N," Five said confidently, causing the room to seem to hold its breath. Y/N felt her heart race, struggling to speak as she met Five's gaze. Each moment felt longer, the air thick with tension, while Five's eyes gave a hint of amusement, which made her even more nervous. She tried to speak, but no words exited her mouth. The silence stretched, making her pulse pound in her ears.

That voice. She immediately recognized that soft, dark voice. In shock, she immediately knew that it was him. The mysterious Hargreeves brother was none other than Five Hargreeves himself. He knew that she knew, and her heart beat faster at the thought of him maybe knowing. "It's okay, I'm exactly who you think I am," he continued with a soft voice, still maintaining eye contact with Y/N.

Y/N's breath caught Five's voice breaking the silence. As she tried to get something out, she only managed stutters.

As he cracked a hot little chuckle, he broke eye contact and bit his lip, quickly fixing his posture as he leaned on one foot to get himself closer to Y/N's height. She immediately felt how she quickly became a little shorter than him.

As Five moved closer to Y/N, the space between them seemed to shrink, making the silence even more intense. Every step he took sent a shiver down Y/N's spine, her heart pounding louder and faster with each passing second. She could feel the weight of his gaze on her shoulders. It was hard to keep her knees straight from the weight.

As they both stood on the second floor, by the staircase, in total silence for a while, Five quickly heard footsteps approaching. While Y/N almost had a panic attack, Five stood there, looking at her, watching every single movement she made. The look of 'calmness' in Five's eyes made her even more nervous. She hadn't felt this embarrassed in a long time. But he kept his poker face straight, even though a whole lot of feeling was cruising around his head. The tension in the hall got so strong that it could have lit up a skyscraper. The look they gave to one another was nothing else than deep looking into each other's eyes. "Those emerald green eyes... how I get lost in them makes me think I can fly," Y/N thought to herself, her facial expression nothing more than a panic attack. Maybe that's what it is? Maybe she is having a real panic attack? Or maybe it was the feeling of excitement? It's hard to know, as they both still stood there in silence. Y/N with her keys in hand, and the green-eyed boy with his hands in his pockets before his hands slowly lifted up to fix his tie, to adjust it a bit, still not showing any emotions.

———————————————————————
chapter seven is in making and will be published as soon as possible. i'm currently in the making of  one other book and an 'one shot' story, as i'm active on my editing accounts, so i'm sorry for the delay.