chapter nine: unwelcome invitations

Chapter nine:
unwelcome invitations

Y/n could see how Klaus slowly peeked behind Five's back, and gave her a big smile before starting to talk. He inhaled intensely and said, "Yyyy/n." His question quickly caught both Y/n's and Five's attention. "Would you like to join us for dinner?" Klaus said while standing straight and lifting both of his hands, holding them against his chest while softly closing his eyes.

His question quickly made Five turn around and give his brother a deep stare into his eyes... no, not the romantic kind, but the kind that clearly states 'I'm gonna kill you if you don't shut your mouth.' And yet Y/n, still clueless of everything, just stood there like a question mark.

Klaus didn't mind his brother's threat, but just smiled even wider at Y/n, clearly waiting for an answer.

Five knew that the question had already been spoken, so no matter what he says could change the fact that Y/n had just been invited to dinner with the Hargreeves siblings.

Five slowly turned around to Y/n again and pasted on a smile, but anyone could clearly see that he wasn't pleased with the fact that she most likely would join them for dinner. "Yessss... Y/n. Would you... ugh. Join us for dinner," Five spoke out, slightly rolling his eyes, making sure Y/n didn't feel welcomed, trying to sound as positive as possible. Lucky for him, Y/n didn't notice the eye roll.

Y/n was so clueless about the situation that she didn't even get the hint of Five not wanting her with them for dinner.

All Klaus did was giggle. The situation amused him, though it was full of chaos and suffering for his brother.

He gave Y/n another big smile and a wave as both brothers waited for an answer.

Suddenly footsteps approached the hall.

A tall girl with brown curly hair and beautiful chocolate skin got closer to them and quickly took Y/n by the arm and moved her behind her back without any hint of her actions in the beginning. "What are you two morons doing!? What did this poor girl do to you guys to deserve this awkwardness!?" Allison outburst. "Just look at her, she's speechless!" she continued and pointed at Y/n with her whole arm.

The two brothers didn't do anything else than to stand next to each other, awkwardly looking at each other in confusion. The hall quickly filled with empty silence.

All Y/n does is continue standing behind Allison's back. What else could she do? Speak up? Explain the situation? No, she doesn't have the guts for this, at least not as the mansion where her knees were at their weakest.

Y/n gave Five a look of confusion as the Hargreeves' sister 'protectively' stood in front of the poor confused girl. Five, in return to Y/n's look of confusion, looked into her eyes, again, and slightly nodded to ensure that everything was fine, and that he's gonna sort things out. Y/n didn't say anything to the sister because of her shyness. Otherwise, she would explain to the sister that her brothers didn't do anything in particular to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Allison-" Five calmly started his sentence while walking closer to his sister. In response to his start of a conversation, she gave him a serious look, and also looked kinda angry. With a sigh, he continued; "I was just giving her keys back-" he calmly stated. "AND INVITING HER FOR DINNER!" Klaus quickly added in mid-sentence that resulted in Five giving his brother, yet, another angry look, and Allison a confused one as she slowly took down the arm she had pointed at Y/n, and put both of them on her hips with a face needling for an explanation.