Boothill Headcanons

Requested by PARVAT1_MP4

- This is written pre 2.2 so I can’t guarantee for the accuracy of these headcanons -

• I could imagine Boothill being that type of person who is interested specifically in those who aren’t interested in him and ignore him

• I could imagine Boothill being that type of person who is interested specifically in those who aren’t interested in him and ignore him. You don’t have to be outright rude about this – maybe you are just completely unimpressed with his show-offish style or are too lost in your own thoughts not notice him. It doesn’t matter as you already didn’t give him the reaction he desired. From now on he will put in the extra effort to get your attention. 

• There is a delusional component to him – he is absolutely convinced that he is the perfect match for you – you don’t see it that way? No problem, you just need some more time to see things his way. In the meantime, Boothill will simply try harder to achieve the desired effect on you.

• Boothill is someone who easily gets jealous. You prefer to spend your time with someone other than him? That will leave a scratch in his ego. He doesn’t give you the fault for this but rather himself. If your attention is on someone else that means that this someone is doing something better than him. This leaves a few options for Boothill: First of all, he could improve himself to become a more interesting person. Whether or not Boothill prefers this option himself in that moment, he knows that this is the safer option. Secondly, he could challenge said person to a duel where the victor receives the right to continue their relationship with you. Of course will the Galaxy Ranger as a professional win any duel he participates in. So why exactly is the first option the safer one then? Well, this depends on you, but I doubt that there are a lot of people who like their (boy)friend to challenge every of his potential rivals to a full-fleshed duel. If you’re into this type of thing you can expect to witness plenty of duels. Not all of them are duels until the last man is standing, but all of them are fair fights. A duel isn’t a matter of winning, it’s a matter of honor.

• Boothill loves for you to share your interests and hobbies with him. Unbeknownst to you will he then put a considerable amount of time into researching these topics and later talk to you about them or do your favorite activities together with you. This is a perfect opportunity to get to know you better and to bond with you.

• Another characteristic of Boothill is that he is very protective of you. Be it when someone only threatens or actually tries to harm you, they will come to realize that they have made a grave mistake soon enough. Under normal circumstances the Galaxy Ranger might seem like a playful kind of guy, but if you provoke him, he won’t show a shred of mercy. If his revenge doesn’t succeed the first time, he will try over and over until that person won’t enter your sight ever again.

• After an argument with you he tends to play the offended victim, forcing <you> to apologize for everything because he certainly won’t do it himself. An exception is when the cause for the argument was so obviously his own mistake that even someone as delusional as him can see it.

• Aside from his low-key bragging nature, he also loves to flirt with you. He adores your blushing face and the way you try to hide it. Another positive aspect is that through flirting he can make you feel wanted. His flirting style varies between seductive boldness and the cheesiest lines one can imagine.

• Once he finally manages to win you over and establish a romantic relationship with you, he will become both more possessive and more supportive. On the possessive side will he start to leave hickeys around your neck, hold your hand hand/waist in public and passionately kiss you to drive others off. Increasing his supportive side are him bragging to others what a great partner he has and giving you tons of compliments. Now that you two are an official couple, he feels an even more pressing need to shower you with his love.

• Living peacefully on a specific planet isn’t a future you will ever get. Due to his job, Boothill is always wandering through the galaxy and you obviously need to tag along. This is one thing you can’t argue with him about no matter how much you pout or cry about it.

• Overall, I would rate Boothill an 7/10 on the yandere scale. He is delusional and quite persistent on his delusions, but to you at least is he a good emotional support. Who needs family and friends if they can have a funky space cowboy,
e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ s̶u̶c̶h̶ a̶ c̶a̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶h̶e̶m̶e̶ s̶o̶n̶g̶?

 Who needs family and friends if they can have a funky space cowboy, e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ s̶u̶c̶h̶ a̶ c̶a̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶h̶e̶m̶e̶ s̶o̶n̶g̶?

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!