EPILOGUE

Zalena sat in front of her parent's grave

Zalena sat in front of her parent's grave. She had just graduated a few weeks ago and was preparing to leave for New York. Herself, Mindy, Chad, and Tara all got into Blackmore University so they all decided to leave together.

Chad and Mindy were staying in dorms. Sam, Tara, and Lena were gonna move into an apartment together. She opened the envelope in her hand preparing to read the note she had written.

"Im writing you this message
just so I can say that I love
You."

"I had to let you know that
everything about me was you.
I think it's time for me to leave
but I'll never leave you."

"I just looked at your pictures,
so the last thing I did was see
You."

She took a deep breath feeling her eyes water already. "D. Dear Mommy and Daddy. Words can't even express how much I love you. I wish you both were here so I could tell you to your face, but things didn't work out that way."

Zalena sniffled wiping a tear away. "I wish things could've gone differently. I wish you both were here to celebrate with me and my friends. A lot of wishes.. that's all they'll ever be. That's all they'll ever be because you're not here to celebrate, you're not here so I can say that I love you and you're not here to see me off to college."

"I'm 29, my anxiety's eating me
alive. I'm fightin' with myself
and my sobriety every night."

"And last time I couldn't barely
Open up my eyes I apologize.
I'm not gonna lie and tell you
it's 'Alright," it's 'Alright"

"You're gonna cry and baby
that's alright, it's alright."

Zalena sighed wiping her nose. "I thought losing mom and dad going to jail was the hardest thing I've ever had to face. But losing both of you hit me the hardest. Burying the both of you was the hardest. Having to sell and empty our house that we've lived in since I was born.. that was the hardest."

"But I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for giving me a life full of love and happiness. Thank you for making me the woman I am today. Without the both of you, I don't know where I would've ended up." Zalena put the note down for a second wiping her tears.

" Zalena put the note down for a second wiping her tears