Thin Ice

Ishida leans over the river's railing. Towering over him, he sees the huge building on the other side, frozen mid-fall.

"W-what happened?"

"I'm not too sure." Tikki responds "But it looks like the akumatized villain used its power to freeze that building."

Ishida nods, and looks down to the river. Last time he checked, Mew and that villain had moved their fight to its surface. But with the storm so thick, and the moonless night so dark, it's hard to make out much of anything from where he's standing. Although he can see something roaming around down there. In fact, whatever it is seems to be starting to climb the building.

He swallows, holding his shaking hands into the railing. C'mon, have some guts! He slaps his cheeks and finally hauls his left leg over the railing.

"Ishida, what are you doing?" Tikki squeaks into his ear "that's dangerous!"

"I just gotta..." he huffs, climbing to the other side of the railing "I just gotta give her the ladybug earrings..." he tries to get his footing "No, Biggie. I'll just be in and-OOOUTTT!"

His foot slips and he falls flat onto the frozen over river below.

"Shoya! Shoya! Are you ok?" Tikki shrieks, flying down to him.

"I-it's..." he whimpers and shakingly pushes himself up a little, enough to see a very worried Tikki floating In Front of him "... It's Ishi-"

CRACK!

He holds his breath, holding onto the intact but steadily breaking frozen flooring. There's no time for banter. He's literally on thin ice.