What I REALLY wanted

Shoko staggers through the hallways of her slanted apartment complex. She sees an open door. There's people inside of it. She quickly climbs into their apartment. She needs to help them! They have to get out of this dangerous place! But they don't respond. No, even worse. They don't move. In fact, they're all standing upright, like the room isn't even tilted. She's too late. The monster must have gotten to them.

She runs into the next apartment, and the next one and the next one. She sees people washing the dishes, watching the TV, or even seemingly having an argument, each one standing as still as a statue. Just like a photograph.

She falls to her knees. She can't do anything. They're stuck like this. The monster may have even gotten every resident living in this complex. It may have gotten a lot more. She doesn't even know how long this villain has been running around causing havoc while she was looking for Yuzuru. Was that a mistake? Should she have just let Yuzuru go? She was, after all, just telling her how they couldn't be a part of each other's lives anymore, Yet when she ran away she still chased after her. But she couldn't just let Yuzuru run around the streets at night. Although, at least she knows her little sister is far, far away from this disaster.

Getting back on her feet, Shoko strives forward, through the halls and up the stairs of the building, finally reaching her apartment complex.

"Mother!" She cries, opening the door "Mother, are you-?" But gravity finally catches up to her and she trips and rolls right through the main room and into the balcony. Landing painfully on its bannister. But at least her mother isn't here.

But something else is. Standing in the apartment's doorway opposite her, a very familiar figure stares at her with its one white eye. It's the akumatized villain.

She wants to run, she wants to scream. But she remains still, sitting on the floor of the balcony, as the monster crawls its way through the hallway, through the main room, and finally, to Shoko.

"You're still here."

Shoko blinks. Did... did the monster just use sign language?

She takes a closer look at their features, at the ripped red coat hanging around its neck, its shaggy black mane, and its relatively short stature compared to her own.

She clasps her mouth in horror.

" Yuzu?!"

Her sister grits her silver teeth "Call me FreezeFrame. "

No. This can't be happening. How could she have let this happen? How could she have let Yuzuru get akumatized? She was supposed to protect her from evil, not lead her to.... this! She should have known better, she should have known how much cutting Yuzuru out of her life would hurt her. But keeping things the way it was would have only led to more pain for Yuzuru. What else was she supposed to do?

"I'm sorry." Shoko gasps "I'm so sorry Yuzu-"

"It's FreezeFrame !" she asserts, slamming her fist on the floor "And don't apologise!"

Shoko flinches away from her, but as much as it pains her to see her like this, she doesn't look away. She led Yuzuru to this, she doesn't get that privilege.

"Don't worry, sis..." FreezeFrame signs "With my new powers, you can have the normal life you always wanted. I just need to get the miraculous of the cat and-"

"No, you don't." She pleads "Yuzuru, this isn't you!"

"I said IT'S FREEZEFRAME!" She roars, punching the balcony behind Shoko.

Shoko stands up "Yuzuru, don't you see? If it it weren't for me you wouldn't be way. I hurt your feelings and you got turned into this. This is my fault. It's always my fault. But that's why I was trying to cut you out! I don't want you to suffer anymore because of me."