Chapter 5

"Lani...Lani!"

I jolted awake, a cold sweat starting to occur. It's...in the late afternoon? I must've took a long nap as soon as I got home.

"Just a nightmare.." I mumbled, getting up and heading towards the kitchen. I fixed cold glass of ice water, trying to think about what I remembered from the dream. I slowly closed my eyes.

-

"Why'd you do it? You HAD to take her, huh? I told you man, she's MINE."

I looked around. Weapons.

Everywhere.

Rope, snipers, knives..any dangerously murderous thing you could possibly inagine...in this very room.

I walked towards two figures ahead of me. "I told you, she doesn't love you anymore. Let it go. Let ME go."

Devin struggled to get out of the rope. I gasped at the sight,running to help him. A painful shock stopped me from continuing. I quickly rubbed my hand frowning. There was a dark red mark where I tried to touch the rope.

"Devin?" I whispered, backing away. His eyes remained on the masked man. He had a deep frown on his face.

The man charged at Devin with a knife in hand.

The knife sliced his outer thigh open. The man had a devious smirk on his face, as the chair tipped over, causing Devin to hit his head against the cold, hard concrete.

__

I opened my eyes, tears running down my face. "Devin?" I whispered, reaching out as of he was in front of me.

Nothing.

"PLEASE! WHERE ARE YOU?" I screamed, collapsing on the floor.

I couldn't do this anymore.

_____

Kevin

"I fucking hate nightmares." I mumbled, fixing a glass of warm milk.

I sat down at the island, trying to figure out what happened in the dream.

I slowly dosed off as the beeping microwave faded.

_

"Hold on, I need to use the restroom."

"We'll be in the lot waiting. You know where we parked." I frowned immediately.

I looked at the scene playing before my eyes. It was Devin, Dean, Lexi, Shari and I. I waved my hand in Dean's face.

He didn't even flinch.

I tried to touch him. A sharp pain jabbed my arm, causing me to flinch back.

What the hell?

I ran after Devin, following him to the restroom.

He opened the door and was immediately snatched in. I ran in and almost passed out from the sight before me.

There was a total of three masked men. One locked the men's restroom, while the other two fought Devin.

It only took so long before Devin couldn't hold his own. Soon enough, Devin was knocked out cold.

___

I woke up once again, looking at my surroundings.

I remained in the kitchen, looking at the time.

4:50 AM.

I frowned at the dark red mark on my hand.

I shot Lailani a text, putting on a hoodie and slides. Grabbing the keys, I practically ran to her house.

I can't do this anymore.

__

A/N

This took me forever to write.