Chapter 7

Lailani

"A mental facility? Why?" I asked growling at the nurse.

Probably not helping on my part.

"We've ran some tests, and you need to be there for a while."

"How long?"

"We're not sure, but we promise, it's for the best."

I rolled my eyes and turned away from the nurse, tears threatening to slip from my eyes.

I'm not crazy.

I'm not crazy.

I'm. not. crazy.

I felt like the whole world was against me. The feeling was indescribable.

I'd rather be stuck in that loophole for the rest of my life, to be honest.

"Wait, Kevin!"

I sat up a little too quickly, causing my to temporarily feel dizzy. I sat in bed for about 45 seconds, squeezing my eyes shut.

I opened them and saw Devin.

I felt relieved.

I also felt something couldn't explain.

"This is ALL your fault!" I yelled. He started at me. That lifeless, meaningless stare.

It pissed me off even more.

"WHY CAN'T YOU GO AWAY?"

A nurse hustled into the room with a worried look on her face.

"Is everything okay Miss.Garrett?"

"No." I mumbled, turning away from her once more.

Maybe I do need help...

___

Kevin

I continued to blink, occasionally rubbing my eyes, but the silhouette of Devin remained before me. I looked around at the empty room and sighed.

I have nothing to lose at this point.

"...Devin?"

"D.Gord AH HA!"

My eyes widened as a small smile formed on his face.

"Wait...what?"

"Kevin, it's me. Not in the flesh...but something...better."

"...how?"

Devin chuckled, shaking his head.

"I wasn't going to visit you today, but I needed to warn you."

Then it clicked.

"About what happened a few hours ago, right?"

"Yes. I need you to be careful Kev, before you end up stuck there forever. Don't think about me too much," he chuckled.

I cracked a small smile.

"Seriously though. Where you live is very dangerous. You and Karma opened something like a portal.There's a chance you can be stuck there forever, but luckily, one of you woke up. If you stayed there, the 'portal' would've remained open, it would any and everything capable of entering of exiting that portal be able to got through, and possibly change the past. Please be careful, Kev. Seriously."

"I gotchu. Seriously though, it was nice seeing you. Weird, but nice."

Devin simply disappeared.

Everything he told me still needed time to sink in.

I time travled.

And I think I can do it again...

__

...so Kev has plans or....

I literally can't wait until the next update, which I've actually already written.

Shocking, I know.

Don't forget to vote!