Chapter 10

Lanie

I don't know how I did it, but I'm out of the stupid hospital.

Despite my constant repetition of the phrase "I'm not insane", I still have to go to a psychiatrist 3 times a month, which Im guessing is better than having to live in a mental institution for a couple of years.

My parents came to sign me out. Kev and I decided to meet when we got home.

"I have to ride with my parents. Just take your car."

"I didn't bring my car, remember?"

I frowned and pointed towards his car. "No, it's right over there."

His head whipped towards where I pointed. There it was. His car was parked in the far corner of the first row of the parking lot. Confusion flashed before his eyes.

"How the hell..." he mumbled, jogging towards the vehicle.

"I'll meet you home, I guess."

I sighed and turned on my heels, leaving Kevin's pure confusion for himself to deal with.

--------
Kevin

Wait, I don't even have the-

I felt my pockets before pulling out my

"...keys..."

I shook my head and oddly decided to let it go. I turned around and saw that Lanie and her parents were gone. I unlocked the car and sat in the driver's seat.

Looking over at the passenger's seat, what I saw nearly scared me half to death.

"I don't think I'm ever going to get used to seeing you."

Devin chuckled. "I understand."

"You always pop up when something important seems to happen. What's up?"

"You guys said you wanted to save me? That's nearly impossible without help from the other side. I'm forbidden to help you, however."

"What happens if you d-"

"I get sent to hell, Kevin. There's no getting out of there no matter what you and Karma do after. It's vital that I don't say too much, or they'll find me."

"Who is "they"?" I questioned, hoping it was something he was able to answer.

He looked a little nervous before biting his lip.

"I have to go, I'll, uh, catch you later."

Before I could respond, he disappeared.

I let out breath I didn't even know I held in.

"I guess I have to do my own research." I mumbled to myself before starting the car and heading home.

--
Hey guys, long time no update. My phone is broken so I'm updating on my tablet.